'Home Alone' House -- For SAAAAAAAAAALE!

5/5/2011 10:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The iconic home of the McCallisters in the "Home Alone" movies is officially on the market -- and it could be yours if you can cough up $2.4 MILLION!

0505_home_alone_house_launch
The 1920's colonial Georgian home -- located in the Chicago suburb of Winnetka -- is advertised as "Classic residence offers timeless and inspired family living."

Listing agent Marissa Hopkins thinks the home is definitely a film star, saying, “Very few homes have a leading role in a movie, in a sense becoming an additional character.”

Besides being a piece of movie history ... the home also boasts a four-room master suite, a carved marble fireplace mantle and the notorious "attic bedroom" -- where Kevin had to spend the night with his bed-wetting cousin.

The only downside ... bumbling criminals are known to frequent the area.

croc

lol,bumbling criminals..joe pesci and the other guy.. fun movie.. nice house!

MsMaribel

KEVIN !!!!!!!

Marisa

This is probably the third time in the last five years this house has been on the market. It has also been featured on the movie "The Unborn." You'd think the house would cost a lot more and that people who buy it would want to keep it. Go figure...

Hey Now

I always loved the style of that house. Wish I had a spare 2 mil...

Jay

I wouldnt buy it. Fuller probably pee'd all over the place.

smashley

buzz's girlfriend... WOOF.

hey what happened to the lawn jockey the pizza guy always ran over?

Lynn

That is my dream kitchen. That house is just gorgeous.

bored

ohh me like.

Superman

Big house. I'm surprised they're not asking for more than $2.4M. The only people that have that kind of money are rich people and they would be willing to pay more than $2.4 million.

Jayke1981

@Smashley....real pizza guys probably nicked it!! and yeah, if I won the lottery I'll buy it!!

cjs

I want it ! I also want the wallpaper back and the kitchen as it was in the movie. If I'm going to buy the dream I want the dream !

Swear if I had the cash, and didn't mind the property taxes I'd buy it today and get the names of those who decorated that set asap !! :-)

USA#1

Not sure but I think the exterior of the house was only used. The inside scenes were filmed at a studio lot. Standard Hollywood practice.

jimihatt

i got this, angel wants it and i guess i'll have to rape steel & kill to give mama what she wants...
what r tha HOS??

Jay

^ LOL did you join just to make that comment?

Lori

Very true about the house being a central part of the movie. I was impressed by the house and with each viewing focused more on it than the movie itself.

2.4 in Winnetka? Not so sure about that part.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments