Kelly Preston -- Charlie Sheen DID NOT Shoot Me!

5/6/2011 5:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelly Preston is backing up her ex-fiance Charlie Sheen -- confirming he DID NOT pull the trigger during the infamous 1990 shooting incident ... and insisting the whole thing was a "complete accident."

0506_kelly_preston_video

Kelly -- who's now married to John Travolta -- was leaving Mr. Chow after a dinner date with Kirstie Alley when she explained what REALLY happened that night ... and it syncs up perfectly with Charlie's explanation.

Earlier this week, Charlie gave his version of the shooting during a performance of his "Torpedoes of Truth" tour in Vancouver ... and told the crowd ... he knew he would be blamed for the shooting.

The real question -- why did Kelly stay quiet for 21 years and let Charlie take a bum wrap!?

ksis

@Puckett

Yep. Exactly. But the truth is, that even the so-called NEWS were blaming Charlie, so it is not just the sites like TMZ.

pam

I'm guessing most of TMZ's readers (and staff) were children when this happened. This incident has turned into a giant game of "telephone". Most bloggers and internet "media" heard that she was shot with Charlie's gun and never bothered to check the facts. What is Kelly supposed to do? Send out a statement every time the incident gets mentioned? Charlie never bothered to talk about it either until he started up with this stupid dog and pony show. And guess what Charlie? You didn't shoot her, but it is still your fault. You are damn lucky that she didn't die. You are just pissed that when you broke off the engagement she hocked that ring for a condo in Hawaii and made a frikkin fortune.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

The "real" question is what did he think would happen when the truth came out? That people were going to say "Well I guess he's not such a bad guy after all"? He's still an a**hole, a liar, a deflector, & a narcissist & he always will be. I can't believe he came from the same parents as his brothers & sisters.

Rich

WHO CARES!!!!!!!

ksis

WHAT TRUTH?? He is saying now the same thing he was saying AFTER it happened. NOTHING came out now. He is talking about it, because people are asking. Stop freaking asking and making dumb accusations, and he will stop talking.

Shread

The girl is flat out dumb as a post and annoying as they get. No talent either.

Chris

Charlie Sheen is slowly becoming more and more like Jose Canseco.....by that I mean, he appears at first to be crazy and drugged out full of lies and propaganda, but slowly with time, everything he's said proves to be more and more truthful despite the constant bashing from critics.

PokerStar

Is there an official police report somewhere? Most GSW are reported by hospital staff, accident or not.

John Grey

LISTEN TO ME VERY CAREFULLY.

Most every modern firearm (handgun) has what is known as a "Transfer-Bar" that prevents the gun from discharging if it is dropped! THIS IS A FACT. Someone here is lying! And some investigative reporter didn't do their job......

me

BREAKING NEWS....ER...BREAKING OLD NEWS...ER...BREAKING OLD
NEWS THROWN OUT INTO THE MEDIA TO CREATE SOMETHING TO POST AND
PERPETUATE SCREWY TORPEDO-LIKE MEDIA HYPE....WHICH IS BECOMING
OLD NEWS MEDIA HYPE...WHICH IS IN THE END RUN A BUNCH OF
OVER-HYPED BS....MORE OF THE SAME...REWRITTEN BS.

Autumn_in_Michigan

@John Grey

This incident was 20 years ago. Charlie described the gun as very small and fitting into the hip pocket of his jeans. That puts me in mind of the .25 autos that people used to carry in their pockets and purses during that period. Some of them did have a reputation for safety issues - but I distrust my memory about the specific issues. So, my question is - what's your take? Would a gun like that meet the drop safety standards of today?

John Grey 44 minutes ago
LISTEN TO ME VERY CAREFULLY.

chefadam

Muppet-
If you grab my gun in my pants pocket it my go off as well.

TMS

Probably for the same reason she kept the engagement ring after breaking things off with him. She's a b!tch.

lilirose_74

@likeomg : "How much did he pay you, Kelly?

Kelly has NO reason to take Charlie's money. She has her own money, & she is married to a filthy rich movie star, & I believe she is telling the truth, & I'm glad she is clearing what happened. And I wish them both well, & I hope they both can just move on with their lives now.

eric

I was one of the medics that responded to this shooting. I Personally was the first one to treat Kelly's injuries in the bathroom,and while doing my assessment, she relayed the exact story. The Shooting scene-"to me"-matched the story. They seemed in love and charlie was concerned for her injuries. She wasn't upset at him at all in fact was very happy about the nice gift he gave her for the new year eve.

FF/PM Eric