Charlie Sheen:

Ashton's Going Down

With the Ship

5/13/2011 10:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Charlie Sheen delivered the ultimate back-handed compliment to Ashton Kutcher, telling TMZ he's talented but the show will tank.

0215-charlie-twomen-logo-ex

Charlie tells TMZ, "Kutcher is a sweetheart and a brilliant comedic performer ... Oh wait, so am I!!"

Charlie continues, taking a shot at the show, saying, "Enjoy the show America.  Enjoy seeing a 2.0 in the demo every Monday, WB."  Essentially, Charlie is saying the age group that supported him is going to tune out.

Charlie adds, "Enjoy planet Chuck, Ashton.  There is no air, laughter, loyalty, or love there."  Of course, Charlie is referring to his nemesis, "Men" creator and Executive Producer Chuck Lorre.

oldervet

I agree with a previous comment that the entire cat made the show especially John Cryer and Melanie Lynskey (Rose). Actually thinking about it, Rose who was attractive and a little wacky did as much for the show as Charlie did. I say, give "Rose" a sitcom and let Charlie make a guest appearance in an episode or two.

louise joles

Ashton will do just fine and breathe some fresh air into the space. Charlie burned out a long time ago, he's been just going through the motions for years. The bottom line is Charlie screwed himself up with his blatant drug use, his whores and his big crazy mouth. He has no one to thank but himself. Way to go cool dude!

M.Holland

Hey Charlie, kind of ironic, your little head screwed ya in real life!!! Ha Ha Ha!!! Get a grip, DUMB A*S!!! To Late!!!

confused in k-town

I've never watched 2 1/2 Men for ONE reason: Charlie Sheen. His blatant disrespect of women, especially the mother of his children is a huge turn-off. He is in no way funny. Just a washed-up hooker-loving drug addict who likes to beat on women. Now that Ashton will be joining the cast I will definately be watching EVERY show. Way to go Chuck! A most excellent replacement indeed.

DOUG

This show is finished. The show was good because Charlie was riding the edge on and off the set. Would Jimmy Hendrix play like he did if he ate Kashi bars and sipped Dr Udo's omega oil? "I don't think so" We all new Charlie was doing it "his way" and that made us watch. Give him credit and let him get into the next "thing". Did you want him to become Ted Danson patching his bald spot while the whole cast died around him????People get real!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tormod bruvoll

I think it can be good. mr Ashton is a star. community and tv wise.

"men" will not be like "men" was, but something i think worth watching.

orange valentine

Charlie, why don't you see if you can get on celebrity rehab.
I am sure they pay the people for their appearances,so you would have some money coming in, and you could take some time to think and regroup-you have pretty much burned your bridges.

That could be an opportunity for a fresh start

sfm879

Maybe I'll start watching the show now that he's no loner on it!

ksis

orange valentine about an hour ago

Charlie, why don't you see if you can get on celebrity rehab.

That could be an opportunity for a fresh start

******************************

Why would he go to rehab if he is clean and sober?

TheLip

Without Sheen show is non starter, the show was about Charlie Sheen playing Charlie Sheen. When Charlie the character made a joke about his drinking and womanizing viewers identified because they just heard about the real Charlie Sheen doing this on the news.

skylark

Matt Damon, John Stamos or Rob Lowe. Any of them would have been better than no-class Kutcher. If they would have hired one of them and add in a sassy kid (like Jake when the show started), it might have had a chance. Heads up, you better just send Charlie on a long trip in case u need him back. My favorites in the show are: Jake, Berta, Rose in that order.

Stephanie

I think if they wanted to replace Charlie, the perfect person would have been Adam Sandler. I feel he would of been perfect as Charlie. Ashton is just not a fit at all.

CarrAlfred

I paid $32.67 for a XBOX 360... and my mom got a 17 inch Toshiba laptop for $94.83 being delivered to our house tomorrow by FedEX. I will never again pay expensive retail prices at stores. I even sold a 46 inch HDTV to my boss for $650 and it only cost me $52.78 to get. Here is the website we using to get all this stuff, EatBids.com

TreasaRN

Ashton is cool but CHARKIE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN KEEP THE SHOW GOING!! Lorre is an idiot for not keeping him. We never missed a show and I watch all the sindicated shows but I WILL NOT BE WATCHING ANYMORE!! Sorry Ashton but we want CHARLIE!!!

orange valentine

@ksis
If Sheen has managed by sheer willpower (or blinking his eyes) to stop his addiction temporarily it would likely benefit him to look at the underlining cause of his impulse to "bang 7gr rocks"

Sheen has gone from being the highest paid actor on TV to unemployment. He has made extremely poor choices. Charlie has no job, WB is not paying him for his reruns, he has ex wives and attorneys to pay. But..

I am not so sure Charlie Sheen would be able to do the VH1 show. Viacom which owns VH1 also owns CBS and Charlie is suing CBS.

It would be an option to look at.

Previous 15 Comments | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments