'Idol' Finalist Gets $61,000 Homecoming Bash

5/14/2011 2:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"American Idol" top three finalist Scotty McCreery is so beloved in his small hometown of Garner, NC -- the locals have dropped more than $61 THOUSAND to throw him a homecoming bash today!!!

0513_scotty_ex_tmz_

We're told the town has already raised $45 thousand in CASH for the event ... and local companies have donated roughly 8 grand in services.

The event will include a traditional pork barbeque, local entertainment, crafts, a parade and a concert by the country crooner himself!

As a thank you for all the local love, Scotty is expected to take his acoustic guitar and sing a whopping SIX songs -- compared to the usual two or three he belts out on Idol.

Fun Fact: Census records show the total population of Garner is less than 30 thousand people -- and we're guessing every last one will be at the big party to support their hometown superstar.

awesome

firstttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

annette

as long as Haley the screamer doesn't win

Justin

Scotty is the one who should have went home on Thursday, not James. I like Scotty an all, but he can NOT sing like the rest of the people left on the show. I guess singing a song about 9/11 will keep you on the show even if your second song is a complete JOKE.

billy cema

The guy seems so full of himself! I couldn't listen to his "one note" voice anymore. No variety, even when they tried different genres of music, he always sang them country.
He has a very narrow range in his singing.
The country people always are looking for new singers. They need them for all those award shows. So he will "make it!"
AI has been "fixed" for most of its existence. Look at the list of the winners. Most of them are from the south. And the voting has been fixed. That has been reported about several times in the past.

Phil

Ever notice how Scotty holds the microphone with two hands to stop from shaking? Really -- watch next time. And Scott's so cornball he may bring Hee Haw back. Interesting how calm Scotty looked and even smirky the night of the last elimination -- like he somehow knew he had already been picked for the last three. Hmmm. It's these times I actually miss Simon who would have ripped Scotty a new one -- when he sang his second song last week and pranced around like like a hillbilly with a fire cracker up his butt. When Pia went that show was done for me.

CubanB

This guy is HORRIBLE. I hope one of the girls wins, but either way I'll be glad when this season is over so I'll never have to see this clown again. I never thought I'd hate a contestant more than Dan Gokey, but this guy annoys me even more!

zzkinnardzz

WTF. My question is why isn't FOX paying for this? Those cheap bastards.

Terra Firma

One trick pony still escapes another elimination. Was hoping to see James continue to rock out. Oh well.

cknj

Scotty McCreepy sucks!!!.. he should've never made it to the top 10. If he winds i am boycotting Idol next year!. James was the best week after week. Idol is rigged!

DudeLebowski

45 + 8 = 61??? WTF???

Joanne

Scotty definitely belonged in TOP FOUR, but should have gone home. James should be the next American Idol. I think Randy should stop dissing people so that they get the sympathy vote. Something is wrong that James did not win,

tracker

scotty was my pick from day one...think he will be standing with lauren,and he will win, & my romantic mind he/lauren end as a darling couple..they are so perfect [haley great singer,but sarcastic & it turns the public off!]

Stacey Owens

Scotty has an AMAZING southern voice. He is just a small town boy doing what he loves.

Kàt

Scotty will win idol this year

bunny

Why can't he come to his own party and relax? Why are they paying for a big shindig if he has to play 6 songs? It sounds like hell for him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments