Jon Cryer -- "Jazzed" About Future of "Men"

5/14/2011 4:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jon Cryer still has a job -- thanks in no small part to Ashton Kutcher -- and from the sound of things ... he's quite happy about it.

0514_jon_cryer_ashton_kutcher_REG
The "Two and a Half Men" star made his first comments yesterday about Ashton coming on board, joking, "Ashton is an extraordinarily talented guy, and his presence will be an asset to our show. We are old friends from our male modeling days, and we're both looking forward to being judged for our comedic artistry, as opposed to our exceptional physical beauty."

Cryer said he is "jazzed" the show is coming back -- and, despite all the recent upheaval, thanked Charlie Sheen, saying, "I'm extremely proud of the work we've done together, and I will miss him. But I'm also looking forward to this new beginning."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Maverick

Jon Cryer is right: It's time to to move on. New chapter, new beginnings, etc. etc. etc.

Nice to see him being so magnanimous. As opposed to Charlie just being a jerk.

Kari

I think Jon Cryer is fantastic on the show--and very funny. But male model? Comedy, right?

justsaying

I just don't think he has the gonads to match sheen. I just don't see it. Other shows have replaced actors but they have NEVER replaced a lead actor and survived.

Criss

"Other shows have replaced actors but they have NEVER replaced a lead actor and survived."
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spin City did alright after they replaced Michael J. Fox with, strangely enough, Charlie Sheen.

YouDontSay

LOL Thank you Jon for starting my day off with a belly laugh. You rock.

Roast_Beef

@justsaying

What about CHEERS?

New beginnings are always nice.

Bons

I have to ask...how long will it be before KSIS is on-line making comments that Charlie Sheen is GOD!

I sometimes have to wonder if KSIS is not Charlie Sheen or at least on his payroll!!

Go Jon & Ashton! Charlie is YESTERDAY's news and I seriously wish TMZ would quit reporting on him.

Scott

This show is done.

Calico

Jon Cryer, always classy and funny. I wish him and the cast the best of luck.
Here's hoping they crank it up to an 11!

wow

It was time for a new beginning. They really didn't need a new guy, the old cast could pull it off. My family didn't watch for Charlie Sheen, we enjoyed the back up cast. Jon Cryer is a good comical actor and Ashton Kutcher will bring a fresh perspective to the show. I hope they break a leg.

Big Daddy

It will be interesting to watch.

LongJohn69

A new beginning, Jon? More like a, soon to be, quick demise.

Doreen

I am wondering how they will explain Charlies exit. I think that the show will not do well at all. Take CSI for example, when they replaced Petersen with Lawrence Fishburne the ratings tanked.

Muppet

Love this guy!! Good luck to them with the new series. Regardless John Cryer is a great actor!!

Ih8Taxes

Put a fork in it, this show is done. They should have offered the job to Billy Bob Thorton, then I would definitely watch it. But AK, I mean come on...he is such a DB it isn't even funny. He should just stick to what he knows - boinking his post menopausal wife.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments