Botox Mom -- 'GMA' Never Checked Its Facts

5/19/2011 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sheena Upton aka Kerry Campbell claims "Good Morning America" was so anxious to get the first interview with the Botox Mom ... show producers never even bothered to double check her story.

Sheena Upton

Upton tells TMZ, GMA -- who she claims offered her $10,000 for her story -- "didn't ask me any questions to try to figure out anything" before airing the show last week -- adding, they just put her straight on TV.

A spokesperson for ABC has already insisted the show made several attempts to verify Upton's story -- telling us, "Good Morning America has repeatedly questioned Upton, members of her family, and other sources who again and again stood by the Botox story."

As we previously reported, Upton claims the entire story that she injected her 8-year-old daughter with Botox was a complete sham ... concocted by a U.K. tabloid called The Sun -- which then paid her $200 for acting the part.

Tinalouise

@two cents, i am with you all the way about Lara. Annoying, annoying and more annoying! With that said, this biotch was willing to lie and have her daughter lie...that in itself tells me she is a bad mother. She shouldn't have the child no matter what as far as I am concerned, she is a nut!!!

j

Regardless of whether she injected her daughter with botox or sold out & exploited her daughter for a trivial amount of money, she's definitely not a fit parent.

Sandra

No matter what the true story is, she will not win a prize for mother of the year!!

RabbleRouser

Listen you fat lying pig- you are not a victim of faulty journalism. Your child is a victim of your mental defectiveness.

If that kid comes back to you, the next show we see her on will be 16 and Pregnant- and you will probably end up on America's most wanted.

Justin

I don't know why.
But I believe her.

yea sucka

True or not, your still a dumbass lady.

rene

I don't believe her I think she did inject her daughter wit botox ,cause she had the ice pack and everything. If she did not then she is teaching her daughter to lie.

Abderia

Both the news outlets and this idiotic woman are...idiots, to say the least. who jokes and/or lies about giving your 8 year old botox injections. "haha i fooled them all! they should have checked their facts, so it's not MY fault." What a winner.

Justsay Nohan

"This behavior is SO TYPICAL, always shift the blame elsewhere...... I am in no way responsible, whatever....."

Sounds familiar, doesn't it, Rocky?

I know a 24-yo blonde former actress who often uses the same tactic whenever she gets caught...

Lori

Yea, GMA didn't "fact check" and your big Effing LIAR!. Hope they take your kid due to your stupidity alone.

happilywed

This woman's body language is classical for deception.

Nicole

I believe her and i can understand that the situation escalated but i still think she needs help as she was willing to go along with this in the first place.

ihatestupidpeople

Why isn't anyone asking how and why this lady was contacted by a UK tabloid.

I mean ... how did they even know about her???? That is the BIG QUESTION.

jxtr

This woman is a perpetual liar. She should not be trusted at all.

jleman

Is it just me, or does she seem slow?? Can't see myself getting approached by the likes of the Sun (from another continent)to do a simple "acting job" and not have some serious questions...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments