Danielle Staub QUITS Stripping -- I Need Mental Help

5/19/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub says she has officially quit her new job as a stripper -- and has reached out to Dr. Drew Pinsky to help resolve her psychological problems.

0519_danielle_staub_bn_tmz

TMZ broke the story ... Staub signed a 3-year deal with Scores Gentlemen's Club in NYC recently ... but after we posted the photos, Danielle had a change of heart.

Staub tells People.com, "I have addictions with love and low self-esteem, and I need help!"

She added, "My low self-esteem derived from childhood sexual abuse and has messed with my mind and self-worth, and over the years I thought about getting help but pushed it deep into the depths of denial."

"For years I have had the suicide hotline on my cell phone and would like nothing more than to free myself from this constant pressure."

"Seeing how I have hurt myself and my family this time, I can no longer push it behind me."

So far, no word if Dr. Drew will meet with Staub.

Maverick

Why would you reach out to a celebrity psychologist who has his own TV show? Hmmmm.

I hope she does get some help. No doubt that she has some real issues as a result of her childhood trauma. But cut the crap. If you really want help, go to a real psychologist.

team manzo

addiction to reality tv? ummm yeah i think so. skank.

karlew

Dr Drew? Really? A fame whore for another fame whore. If she's serious she should get a real doctor and not this wanna be celebrity quack

Puckett

She probably approached "doctor" Drew and they started brainstorming what she could possibly need fake reality tv rehab for, because he really really wants her on his reality show...when Stuab mentioned that she has this ludicrous offer on the table from Scores and the rest is history!

Just sayin'...

aquanet

more attention whoring.....

you are right about needing mental help though

Preston

Even a deaf, dumb, and blind moron could see this is all an attempt by Danielle to find a way to stay in the media spotlight. Every since she was fired by Bravo she has done everything to get her own show or get onto another reality show. Her 15 minutes is up...... if all the media would ignore her, isolate her from such publicity as this stunt, maybe she would finally just go away. That's all we want..... you don't have to die, JUST GO AWAY!

B

A) No one cares, and B) Of course he'll meet with her. She'll be the one and only cast member for the next season of "Celebrity Rehab"

Kiko

Well now that Dr. Drew is done healing Jeff Conaway, I suppose he does have the time to take on Ms. Staub now. Success breeds success!

Puckett

Well at least the Gentlemen who visit Scores can breath a huge sigh of relief.

Sandra

Another pathetic attempt to get back on television!!! Please enough of this fame seeker!!

Puckett

Danielle open a website. There's plenty of pedos who will pay you to amuse them with stories of your childhood sexual abuse, even if you are making most of them up.

Superman

I hate 'reality' shows soooooooooooooo much!!!

tiff

@justsaying Geez! Not again. Is there one.......just one.....white female who wasn't sexually molested as a child

Not if therapists get involved. I finally gave up on therapy because if you are a woman you are very, very strongly encouraged to find sexual abuse in your past. “Maybe you didn’t recognize it as sexual at the time” is a favorite mantra. Um, no I didn’t recognize it as sexual at the time because it wasn’t! Nothing ever happened. If I ever met one freaking therapist who didn’t assume I was a victim of SOMETHING because I’m a woman maybe I’d be able to figure out why I’m really crazy but female “victimhood” is a major industry and there is way too much at stake to ditch it just because it’s not actually true much of the time.

Brian

Id hit that... More ways than one

Bippy

HOW ABOUT SOME MORE DRUGS - A FACE TRANSPLANT AND THEN SIX FEET UNDER - MAKE YA WONDER WHY SOME PEOPLE ARE ALIVE!!