Danielle Staub QUITS Stripping -- I Need Mental Help

5/19/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Real Housewives of New Jersey" star Danielle Staub says she has officially quit her new job as a stripper -- and has reached out to Dr. Drew Pinsky to help resolve her psychological problems.

0519_danielle_staub_bn_tmz

TMZ broke the story ... Staub signed a 3-year deal with Scores Gentlemen's Club in NYC recently ... but after we posted the photos, Danielle had a change of heart.

Staub tells People.com, "I have addictions with love and low self-esteem, and I need help!"

She added, "My low self-esteem derived from childhood sexual abuse and has messed with my mind and self-worth, and over the years I thought about getting help but pushed it deep into the depths of denial."

"For years I have had the suicide hotline on my cell phone and would like nothing more than to free myself from this constant pressure."

"Seeing how I have hurt myself and my family this time, I can no longer push it behind me."

So far, no word if Dr. Drew will meet with Staub.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8

groovypet2

UH DR. DREWS SUCCESS RATE IS GOING TO THE SH**ITTER. I WOULD SAY CALL UP DOC OZ, OR THE HOT DOCTOR ON THE DOCTORS. AND ITS A DAMN GOOD THING SHE DIDNT DECIDE TO KEEP STRIPPING AT WHAT 46. LMMFAO

groovypet2

OH YEA AND HEY NASTY JERSEY BIACH, U DONT NEED MENTAL HELP YOU NEED MORAL HELP!!!!!!!!

right straight

There is a God!

chefadam

Dr. Drew needs more therapy than this woman. A doctor is supposed to help his patients not run a ****ing reality show. Yank the bastards license!

snowcat

I will start out by giving Danielle a couple of compliments
....She has 2 very sweet daughters that are far more mature then their mother and for a 50yr old woman she has a banging body.

With that being said...this fame whore will do ANYTHING to get into the press.She is very sick and twisted woman and should probably be locked up in a mental institution.I hope Dr Drew ingores her pleas for help because she is just trying to get on Celeb Rehab to get back on TV.If she really wanted help and not money she would quietly seek help elsewhere.

chichifrogslegs

seems like things didn't go like she expected and this time the media whoring got a little out of hand. Treatment is another way for her to try and keep herself relavent.

themillieblog

Great another drugged out "crazie" who needs to go AWAY and stop taking media attention

Where is my get out of jail card?

I'm bipolar, but I'll be damned if I would get up and strip saying ooo it's my mental problem. She's just doing this for attention. Sad....

ABSKY

wow she looks like pete burns

Sloane

FYI if you didn't know...direct from Wikipedia

"During the first season of Real Housewives of New Jersey, participants in the reality show confronted Staub with Charles Kipps's book Cop Without a Badge, which recounts events surrounding an undercover FBI informer Kevin Maher, one of Staub's former husbands, including an account of Staub's arrest. Known at the time as Beverly Ann Merrill, Staub cooperated with authorities and received five years probation. Although Staub has acknowledged that she was arrested in June of 1986, she denies many of the other allegations made by Maher."

she was involved in kidnapping/drugs etc.
so she is one nasty piece of work!

she should have never agreed to do 'reality' TV because now everything is out there and her unfortunate daoughters have to live with all the fallout

so she chose 'fame' over doing the right thing to protect her children

karen

SHE DOES NOT DESERVE THIS ONGOING PUBLICITY! SHE IS A TRAMP, AMORAL AND SELF-CENTERED. HER CHILDREN NEED TO BE CARED FOR BY SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT
A MOTHER SHOULD BE LIKE.
THE MORE YOU KEEP FEATURING HER IN THESE ARTICLES THE HAPPIER SHE IS. PLEASE STOP!

Kitten

Nice segue for Ms. Leatherface. Now someone please let her know she was never relevant in the first place so its beyond time to stop trying to be...

Spewage

Disgusting much? I can't believe someone paid that thing to take her clothes off! Are you kidding me?
God almighty.. can I sue TMZ for eye damage?!

Dr Doug

Oh PUH-LEEZE! If you need help just find a local doctor and go see him/her. Does the fact that Pinsky has a reality show have anything to do with this? She probably quit stripping as soon as she found out the guys were throwing Monopoly money at her! Creepy...

beth totten

DANIELLE STAUB CAUSED ALL OF HER OWN PROBLEMS, SHE LIED CHEATED AND WAS A TROUBLE MAKER ON THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY. I FEEL SORRY FOR HER TWO DAUGHTERS. SHE TOOK ADVANTAGE EVERYONE AND ANYONE SHE COULD. SHE HAS ALWAYS PLAYED THE VICTIM WHEN IN REALITY, SHE CAUSE HER OWN PROBLEMS. THERE ARE MANY FROM THE SHOW OF THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF NEW JERSEY, AND ALSO THE SHOWS SHE HAS BEEN ON ABOUT SUICIDE AND SEXUAL ABUSE. SHE NEEDS TO GET HER ACT TOGETHER AND BE A MOTHER TO THE GIRLS. TO ME SHE IS A SLUT AND LIAR. AND THAT IS MY OPINION AND I THINK A LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE FEEL THE SAME WAY. SO DANIELLE GET A REAL JOB AND STOP SUING PEOPLE AND STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM. I WATCHED YOU ON ALL THE SHOWS ON THE REAL HOUSEWIVES AND OTHER SHOWS AND YOU ARE A REAL PIECE OF WORK.

Previous 15 Comments | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8