« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Hulk Hogan -- We Had Finally Started to Talk Again ...

5/20/2011 10:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hulk Hogan says he's "completely devastated" by the death of Randy "Macho Man" Savage -- saying they just rekindled their friendship after not talking to each other for nearly ten years.

Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage

Hulk just went to his Twitter page and wrote, "I'm completely devastated, after over 10 years of not talking with Randy, we've finally started to talk and communicate."

He added, "He had so much life in his eyes & in his spirit, I just pray that he's happy and in a better place and we miss him."

"We miss him a lot. I feel horrible about the ten years of having no communication. This was a tough one."

And Hulk wasn't the only wrestling legend who took to Twitter ...

R_Roddy_Piper @R_Roddy_Piper (Rowdy Roddy Piper)

I'm going to drive. Wrestlers think best when they drive. All my love to Lanny and his daddy Angelo! Wrestled them both. My hearts hurts 4 U

OfficialHTM @OfficialHTM (Honky Tonk Man)

Macho Man was one of the all time greats and will be greatly missed... A very sad day for wrestling

ShawnMichaels_ @ShawnMichaels_ (Shawn Michaels)

We've lost one of the greats!! Our prayers go out to the family & friends of Randy Savage.

R_Roddy_Piper @R_Roddy_Piper (Rowdy Roddy Piper)

OfficialHTM @OfficialHTM (Honky Tonk Man)

ShawnMichaels_ @ShawnMichaels_ (Shawn Michaels)

howardfinkel @howardfinkel (Howard Finkel)

I am profoundly saddened by the passing of one of the all-time greats, Macho Man Randy Savage. My condolences go out to the Poffo family.

BillDeMott @BillDeMott (Bill De Mott-Tough Enough trainer)

When I got my start in WCW it was Randy that gave me the rub....my prayers and thoughts to the Poffo Family

The305MVP @The305MVP (MVP)

"The cream always rises to the top! Ohhh Yeeeeah!" REST IN PEACE Macho Man. Thank you for everything! Peace & thoughts to the Poffo family

TheLethalJay @TheLethalJay (Jay Lethal)

R.I.P. Macho Man Randy Savage. You were amazing... Oohh yea!!!

GenMeMax @GenMeMax (Max Buck - TNA wrestler)

One of the main reasons I got into pro-wrestling was to be like Macho Man - a major part of my childhood. RIP sir.

wweURNiverse @wweURNiverse (Paul Bearer Pringle Paul Bearer)

RIP - " MACHO MAN " RANDY SAVAGE. :-(

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

jerry

wow

TMZ dont like me

Never realized him and Hulk ever had a falling out....

richard

Why the 10 year wait???

I am Spartacus

One of the greatest tag teams ever... The Mega Powers. Hulk Hogan & Macho Man Randy Savage with Miss Elizabeth as their manager. Then they were together again in the nWo. I knew they had a falling out but its good to see they finally got over it and were back on speaking terms. The wrestling world lost a legend today.

john5oregon

At least they were able to mend fences before this tragic incident.

.:Loki4Ever:.

Back when Wrestling was good! End of an Era! RIP Macho Man!

smashley

MAN, this is tragic. Glad they were able to make peace before it was too late. RIP Randy... slim jim commercials will never be the same. ain't that a shame.

Harveys nemesis

What a great entertainer. We already miss him. What an inspiration to all us older guys.

MyOpinionOnly

I was devastated when Hulk and Macho broke up their tag team and Macho Man "married" Miss Elizabeth. Ahh..those were the days of tv before all this reality madness. Just a good show of fake scripting and entertainment. I still say the Ohhh yeahh line when I see his SLim Jim commericials. Glad to hear that Hulk and randy were at least back on speaking terms. Their feud was always a well known story. RIP Mach Man. I will miss you!

arte help

So sad....great talent....back when wrestling was entertaining...

Harveys nemesis

Harvey goes to the gym to fulfill his fantasies of one day looking like a Macho Man but in reality, he will never be that buff or tuff. There was only one Macho Man.
But Harvey, since the world is coming to an end on Sat. you had better get your colonoscopy early tomorrow morning just in case. Wouldn't want you all clogged up for your final show.

CPS WIRE

Follow this and other breaking entertainment news at http://www.CPSWIRE.com

Nicole

it was because of hulk and randy that back in the 80's i got into wrestling

samrocky60

did they have misunderstanding that they talked after 10 years.
jaktfilmer

laura

the end of his marriage with ms elizabeth is the reason they stopped talking. hulk and his wife drove a huge wedge between them.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments