Ex-KISS Guitarist -- Blood, Cuts, and 4 Dead Dogs

5/23/2011 10:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former KISS guitarist Vincent Cusano -- aka Vinnie Vincent -- allegedly smacked his wife in the face and dragged her through a pile of broken glass on the night he was arrested ... and when cops arrived to the house, they found 4 dead dogs at the scene ... this according to law enforcement.

0523_vinnie_cusano_ex_tmz_wm

The Rutherford County Sheriff's Office tells TMZ ... on May 22, Vincent's wife, Diane, arrived to the Sheriff's Office "covered in blood" and reeking of alcohol.

Cops say 44-year-old Diane told the officers how she had just escaped from the couple's Tennessee home ... after Vincent "smacked her in the face" following an argument about a "female subject [Vincent] was talking to." She says Vincent then "grabbed her by the hair and threw her down to the ground."

Diane says Vincent then "dragged her through a pile of glass from a broken plate that had been on the floor since before the argument had started."

Diane told police she tried to get away -- but 58-year-old Vincent threw her to the ground 4 more times. She eventually escaped and drove herself to the station.

Cops dispatched officers to the home -- where they found Vincent and "four sealed containers containing deceased dogs."

Diane told the cops .... the dogs had been "killed by one of their aggressive dogs."

Vincent was eventually arrested and booked for aggravated domestic assault -- and his bond was set at $10,000.  TMZ obtained his mug shot, pictured above.

An animal service team was contacted to look into the dead dog situation.

Amy

@ Buck Boy,

Want to take a wild guess on how you got here?

gregoryb

How does this guy even have a girlfriend or a house? Why are the talentless losers all over the T.V. the radio, and the music industry. I am somebody who actually has talent, but I can not feed my cat. Google me. Watch my videos. See for yourself.

youtube.com/gregorybrandt

elle

The moment I read this story I thought he must have been a dog fight breeder/promoter/sob.

I really hope justice is served for those poor dogs that were found dead in his home and would like some follow-up on that story. If he was participating in a dog fighting ring he deserves the same treatment as Michael Vick got.

badleg

Looks like Shirley aged not graciously from Laverne and Shirley...(aka Cindy WIlliams)...must a been too much beer.

Amy

That's an ugly old woman...definitely not a guy!

TheMachine1

If I'm on the jury I'm going to weigh the fact he was in KISS and then I'm going to vote the death sentence.

TheMachine1

KISS fans should be sterilized to protect the gene pool.

Majestik

Has TMZ got a clue on the whereabouts of the aggressive dog? This story is getting weirder as you add new info.

T. Bag Jones

This must be a mistake. That is a woman. Looks like my neighbor after she drinks too much box wine.

Majestik

T. Bag, LMFAO, he looks like my neighbour when I drink too much box wine.

Kàt

This would be a fine example of: 'a poor excuse of a human being'
turn about is fair play....I think the same thing should happen to him. What a SOB

lalaland

She reeked of alcohol and drove herself to the police station.....? Was that lost on the badge-wearing yahoos?

Anthony Tyler

Incredibly talented. Incredibly deranged. Hard to believe this guy actually wrote music for Joanie Loves Chachi (and I believe Happy Days too). Great guitarist. Very good songwriter...and a nut case. Met him twice along the way. Both times I left the conversation needing a shower.

nanunanu

Wow! She really looks mad!

Wiley

She clearly stated that he didn't kill the dogs, she was drunk and pissed at him about some other woman, she threw plates at him and they broke all over the floor, and she got cut when he was trying to get her off him. But he's the male and he'll take the blame.