« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Dodger Beating Suspect -- I Was Babysitting

5/24/2011 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The man accused of beating a San Francisco Giants fan to a pulp at Dodger Stadium says he was doing domestic stuff at the time of the incident -- babysitting his young daughter and another child.

Giovanni Ramirez

Giovanni Ramirez -- who was arrested Sunday for allegedly beating Bryan Stow so badly he suffered brain damage -- claims he was at home with the girl and, as we previously reported, has 3 alibi witnesses to prove it ... so says his lawyer, Chip Matthews.

The 3 alibi witnesses are his ex-girlfriend, who left Ramirez at the apartment to go to the game, along with 2 friends.  Interestingly, the ex-girlfriend is a suspect in the case -- cops believe she may have been the getaway driver.

Matthews tells TMZ ... there are several pictures of the group at Dodger Stadium and Ramirez is not in any of the photos.

And, a source familiar with the case tells TMZ, Ramirez had a highly-visible tattoo removed from his neck after the incident, and cops believe it shows a guilty state of mind so he couldn't be ID'd.  But Ramirez says he removed the tattoo of his ex-girlfriend's lips because his new girlfriend didn't like it.

Attorney Matthews adds ...  Ramirez is covered in tattoos so removing one wouldn't make a difference.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Mighty Mike

MsMe,

It looks like my MS-13 post was removed. Or was it "reported"? ...a little too close to home perhaps? I'm sorry if I mistook your handle, honest mistake. But if my handle was "18thstMe" or "NveMe" and I was defending a prior convicted and confirmed gangbanger, it might be understood how someone could mistake it for something else.

Here's a bit of evience for you. His mother said that it couldn't be him because he NEVER leaves the house because of his parole. (She said that!!!) Well, since the cops have been staking out the residence, how do you think the cops knew he was there if he "NEVER" leaves the house? My guess is, (and this is just a guess, don't burn me at the stake about it) it's because he DOES leave the house.??? I don't know. And how does she even know he NEVER leaves the house? Of course it couldn't be her good natured, baby-sitting son, right?

MsMe

InZee...you are indeed funny....you have no clue, you have absolutely no clue...oh yes, police are monitoring all posts on the internet....all the thousands of posts....my IP address will come up, oh no! I shall run and hide now :\ *scared trembling....oh no, if only I can take back my posts....NOT! Get it together silly thing...Ramirez is INNOCENT and that's that! Don't judge a book by it's cover darling! Didn't you learn that?????

piper

lisa and mighty mike........ ha ha :)

msme, really? you know, i'm not sure what you need more right now. a time out or a nap. you're busy throwing a temper tantrum like a 2 year old. everyone is allowed to have and state their opinion, but not all of us feel the need to insult others in the process. i've noticed in some of your comments you are always bringing up race as a big issue, but for myself the only race that concerns me is the HUMAN RACE. i don't care about someones race or nationality, i care about justice.

and by the way, i do read. i'm just smart enough to know not to believe everything that is printed and to investigate things. there are to many chances for misquoting and misinterpretation in the printed word. i also know that when i watch a law enforcement official state they have evidence in the case they generally do. just because they don't tell everyone every shread of what they have so far doesn't mean they have nothing and are making it up.

have you ever concidered maybe they keep things quiet to make sure the leads and evidence they have are directed towards the right person after lots of investigating? you state he's innocent. so where is YOUR evidence stating this is true? SPEAK IT.............. and i'm talking about FACTS from CREDIBLE PEOPLE........not your own babble from your overactive imagination.

MsMe

weed-----if Ramirez gets blamed for this...believe me, the "others" won't be found..because they got the wrong guy! I'm still waiting for the one person here who claimed they had so much evidence that it was Ramirez....still waiting for that evidence.....there is none! If you all think that justice is being served if they convict this innocent man, you are so wrong....those people who did hurt Stow are still out there...laughing and enjoying the fact that LAPD put this on some other guy....an innocent one at that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mighty Mike

If I had a tattoo that said, "F tha PoPo" and I was constantly being "profiled", I might consider a tattoo change.

If I had a tattoo that was identified by a witness I might consider a tattoo change.

His mother said that changing his tattoo is no big deal, after all he is a tattoo artist. Fair enough, but who gives themselves tattoos on the neck? I don't even think Kat from LA INK could do it, even if she was say a giraffe AND had opposable thumbs. Just sayin'

pbev7

Dodger Stadium and the LA Colosseum are the two most dangerous places to go see a professional game if you're not an LA fan. Remember the Steeler fan who was beaten into a coma during a Raider game back in the early 90's? Some LA fans are ruthless savages, territorial and prideful beyond logic or common sense.

Covering up the tattoo was a tell tale sign of the suspect's flexible relationship with truth. I would not take the alibis of two small children as rock solid.

en Todo Momento!!

he must feel real good about himself now, knowing that he smashed some other persons brain into their skull. great job, fella.

GO BACK TO YOUR HOLE NOW

@MsMe you sure do sound like the suspects lawyer. you know about as much as only a lawyer of the defendant would know at this point. Also your relentless attempt at proving his innocence shines right through your words. Nice try but everyone including the suspect and his anchor baby popping wife know his guilty.

RL

The guy is hands down a thug. You can google his name +mug shot under images and see his picture. Tats up to his chin, tear drop under the eye. And his mother says "My son is a good boy". Look at his picture and tell me that he is a good boy. People like him and his mother need to be stopped in having more kids. Tye the mothers tubes before she has another 10 more just like him. MUG SHOT Here http://media.bonnint.net/seattle/5/568/56877.jpg

Mighty Mike

pbev7,

I went to a Raider game at the Colloseum against the Niners back in the late 80s. I remember walking through the tunnels to get to the seats and I was so happy to be wearing a Raiders jersey. My friend who was with me was a Niner fan but was smart enough to wear black that day. I remember telling him as we got through that dark tunnel, "good thing you didn't listen to me and didn't wear your jersey". I had been giving him crap all morning about wussing out and not supporting his team and their colors. I would joke about ratting him out, but he was genuinely scared for his life so we kept his secret quiet.

We saw 13 fights that day and I hate to say this in the name of sounding cliche or a racial profiler, but every one of the aggressors in each fight looked the same...Bald, Latino and their names tattooed on the back of their necks. They were everywhere and security was scarce to say the least. I was able to "mind my business" and enjoy the game, but to each of those Niner fans who got jumped, "minding their business" was NOT AN OPTION.

Hopefully the Bryan Stow beating will bring back the true Dodger fan to the stadium and allow a family atmosphere and some good, genuine rivalry banter back so the games can be fun again!!! The security is a start, we'll see!

esq777

Search his computer and phone A guy like this wouldn't be able help himself -- if he did it, he'd brag in emails and texts.

TIRED OF COWARDS LIKE THIS

This guy is a complete spineless coward. Guys like this are nothing but a menace to society,....a loser. We shouldn't waist any money on court dates, lawyers or even jail. An 'eye for an eye' with people like this,...someone should beat him like he did Bryan Stow and leave his family to deal with the medical bills. And NO,...they will NOT be able to pay his medical bills with state or federal funds but OUT OF THEIR OWN POCKETS. His medical bills will NOT be paid by 'LEGAL...TAX PAYING CITIZEN'.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Yeah right, "B" aby "S" itting

Fry - you useless POS!

john wayne gacy

what do you call a hispanic man
wearing a suit in a courtroom ?

a defendant ......

pacas_stu

THEY HAVE THE WRONG GUY..... ALL THOSE WAISTED LAPD MAN HOURS AND THE CAME UP DRY.. ITS BEEN 2 MONTHS ALREADY AND THERE JUST LOOKING TO BLAME ANYONE.. LAPD IS GOING TO LOOK STUPID WHEN THE TRUTH COMES OUT AND THEY HAVE TO RELEASE GIOVANNI... CROOKED ASS PAROLE OFFICER IS PROBABLY TRYING TO COLLECT THE REWARD.......