'American Idol' Finale Song -- The Nic Cage Connection

5/24/2011 11:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicolas Cage has a surprising connection to a song on the "American Idol" finale tonight -- because TMZ has learned, the actor's brand new daughter-in-law wrote the tune three years ago.

0524_lauren_nic_nikki_exd

*SPOILER ALERT*

The name of the song is "Like My Mother Does" co-written by Nikki Williams -- who married Cage's son Weston last month in Tennessee.

The song first debuted in 2008 ... but "Idol" finalist Lauren Alaina will sing it tonight.

Interestingly, former "A.I." Season 7 finalist Kristy Lee Cook released a version of the song on her 2008 album, "Why Wait."

As for fellow finalist Scotty McCreery -- we're told he's gonna sing a song called "Love You This Big."

Both Lauren and Scotty's performances will hit the iTunes store right after the show.

AD

Isn't the Idol finale tomorrow?????

R

Here's a song I wrote a few years ago that should be sung by the winner.

Well, it should be a touching song the winner will sing. The song title should be "All About Me" and could go something like this:

All About Me

Oh, I survived the cattle calls
And gave my best throughout it all
And now I'm standing here alone
Because the rest were all sent home

(chorus)
So now it's all about me
I'm the one whose light shines on
Yes, it's all about me
All the others are now gone

I look so much hotter now

Thanks to all who showed me how

And I pray that one day soon

My record sales go to the moon

(chorus)

So now it's all about me
I'm the one whose light shines on
Yes, it's all about me
All the others are now gone

Yes, it's all about me

And not about you

Though I guess it's your votes

That made me pull through

So hold my hand and come sing

To the sound of ka-ching

And make my record go gold

Though platinum's better I'm told

So don't let me down

Now that I'm crowned

I'm the one you adore

Go to see me on tour

Yes, it's all about me.

Yeah, me. Yeahhhhh meeeeee!

Jimmdog

I can't wait . . . . Not to download either one of those songs.

Toadless

Religious country music - Way to Go America!!!
IDIOTS!

Buckaroobonzai

Note to TMZ staff:
Just cause you think of it, doesn't make it news!

Stiletto

It's called:
"In da po-house wid mah drunken daddy-in-law, rasslin' fer da las canna Flat Tire!"

lizzimmer

This will be the first year I don't watch the finale. There's nothing to look forward to. These two are SOOOOOOOOOO boring. In a season with people like James, Casey, Haley, and even Pia (who i found a little snoozy, but those PIPES!) to wind up with the two contestants who could tie Thia for "Most boring Idol Finalist Ever" is such a disappointment.

John

omg

I'am beautiful doctor and i love black man.....interracial romance is my dream... so i got Krystay2011 on­
----βlαck'whitе'Hυb. СòM------it's where to­ meet black, white, gorgeous, beautiful for romance and­ enduring relationships ! -hope­ someone who love interracial friendship will hit me up­ , i m serious !
------It doesn't matter who wrote that song it's horrible. If a former idol didn't want it on her album I can see why.

Sonja

Worst top two in AI history. Scotty really??... even if it wasn't a country song he made it one. Bleh.

crimealert

BIGGER NEWS!!
This Kristy Cook has a cousin thats been missing for weeks...COVER THAT!

Fred

If Scotty's the illegitimate son of Alfred E. Neuman, they I must quote his father, "Blech."

Roxanne Stones

lizzimmerabout an hour ago

***

I have to agree 100%. Borrrrrrrring! Scotty "Howdy Doody" McCreery & Lauren "Miss Goodie Two Shoes" Alaina.

Dean

I am so proud of Nikki, She works so hard and this is a nice way to see her work pay off. You should hear her sing the song!! if the Idol contract was any good Nikki would have competed and kicked ass.

mandy

I am Nikki's mom and she wrote that song for me and I am extremely proud of my daughter and love that we share, so all of you with disgusting comments, FIND YOURSELVES, you are so without emotion and that is very sad. If you have anything more to say, try to be nice for once in your sorry lives.
There is hope for anyone though!
Why are you commenting if you "don't even watch" the show??

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments