Jeff Conaway -- Travolta Touches Family at Gathering

5/31/2011 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jeff Conaway's family and close friends got together this weekend to share memories ... and Conaway's "Grease" co-star John Travolta helped make the day a little better.

0527_jeff_conaway_getty_ex
Conaway's older sister, Carla Shreve, tells TMZ ... Travolta sent both flowers and food to the family this weekend. She says the family plans to have Conaway cremated, once the coroner's inquest is complete. The ashes will be kept with the family.

Shreve says they are working on plans for a memorial, but nothing has been finalized.

Conaway passed away last week at the age of 60.

0526_jeff_conaway_footer_v2

anony

Good for Travolta.
Conaway was the one celeb who probably needed the Co$.
But he didn't have the money for it, did he?

eb

Were Jeff and Mike Starr on the same season of celebrity rehab?

Dan

So Travolta sends a floral bouquet and a bucket of KFC and the family is grateful. Where was he all these years when his 'close friend' was killing himself with drugs. H'wood celebs. Gotta love how they come out when there is a media opportunity.

lalli

ok, this marginally-talented guy basically killed himself by abusing drugs, was really never popular or famous (except for being a drug abuser), who cares?

moe l.

Does he look like Frankenstein in that pic???

cjs

John is a class act.

Jeff had his demons who doesn't, after his last injury it was just to much to handle I suppose.

Don't be so harsh on him or JT, it's a sad situation.

Lori

Am I the only person who thinks that is a really poorly written headline?

bailey

I really couldn't care less about this guy. haha

Jim

Despite the hold drugs had on Jeff, he was a great guy and a pretty good actor to boot. So far it appears it was not a drug overdose that killed him.

note4

I understand Mr. Travolta tried to help Jeff many times. It was a nice gesture to send the family flowers and food. Though I do not share Travolta's religion, a kind gesture or thoughful deed transcends such distinctions.

Johnny wimbrey

Jeff Conaway - A legend in a league of his own... It was an honor to have known and worked with you my brother. I will cherish EVERY moment we had. I am so proud of you in this fight for life. Many will say you lost, I say you fell down one last time as we all will do, the only difference is when you got back up you saw the face of God saying, "It is finished-come home my son." I will always love you and I am Extremely honored to call you "Friend".

michele

He lived as a junkie and died as a junkie - he chose the wrong people around him. That's the sad part.

Lee

I understand personally, you cant change or help a person who's not strong enough to help or change themselves. With that said, i cant assume John helped or didnt with his attempt at rehabilitation, all i know is i havent seen one attempt buy his "famous" friends during his and this whole ordeal. A famous person can't even fart without getting some kind if publicity these days. So personally, i cant help but see travoltas whole means of expression as feeling guilty or more so an obligation by societies standards to show remorse to a fellow castmate.

Gaco

Hello, I like you page. I’m glad Yahoo pointed me to it. I was able to get the know-how I was searching so badly for days now.Thank You very much for your really good web page. Have a good day. XtremeNo

Reggiez

I discovered your blog site site on the search engines and check several of your early posts. Always maintain up the very good operate. I recently additional increase Rss to my MSN News Reader. Looking for toward reading much more on your part later on!…
This article gives the light in which we can observe the reality. This is very nice one and gives in-depth information. Thanks for this nice article.

How To Play The Piano