Steve-O BOYCOTTS Charity Event -- I'm Outraged!!

5/31/2011 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Steve-O WALKED OUT of a charity event benefiting the American Diabetes Association this weekend because they served meat for lunch ... claiming, "It's like serving alcohol at an AA meeting."
053111_steveo_still2

Steve-O was set to compete in the Celebrity Go Kart Tournament in Gardena, California this weekend -- but once he caught wind of the menu, he BOLTED.

On his way out, Steve O expressed his outrage with a woman named Helen from Children's Hospital -- saying, "I came here because I thought this was about promoting a plant-based diet as diabetes prevention and they're serving MEAT there ... so I'm outta here."

After asking a few kids if they wanted to take his place driving his go-kart in the event ... Steve-O added, "It's kind of an outrage to me ... it's stupid."

Kifferslady

I'm calling bull**** on this! I've been diabetic for 12 years. In NO diabetic diet does it say that you shouldn't or can't eat meat. He wasn't having a good time so he made up a wild excuse. What a fool!

RandomTandem

Well..they dont call him "Jackass" for nothing. He acts like they served rock candy sandwiches and kool aid ****tails

Damon

Epic. Fail.

So sick of these NAZI VEGAN'S/VEGETARIANS!

No, it's NOT like serving alcohol at AA!

This is coming from a guy who made his career abusing animals!
Have people forgotten Jackass, they used animals as comedic props or as Pink would say abused them!

She's baaaack

On the other hand, what Einstein decided that Jackass Steve-O could add anything of educational interest to a organization about childhood diabetes? He dropped out of college after one year. Even the really stupid ones go for two. He'a a stunt performer, and not a good one. It seems that our guy Steve couldn't care less about children suffering from a truly ugly disease, because after all it's all about him. Right Steve?

CC - THE ORIGINAL

Ummmmm.....nice example to set for kids...so you don't get what YOU "think" the event should be like, so get mad and run away...boo freakin hoo!!!!!
Look at those poor kids looking at him like the douche bag that he is....
Not everybody WANTS to eat "plant based diets"....soooo, for the people who don't wanna eat plants, eat meat!!!

Nobody likes a self righteous jackass!!! Go staple your butt cheeks together!!!!

Bruno

@ Joe,
Eating veggies for 30 days does not cure diabetes. Stop spreading your stupidity around.

SaraBellum

If people aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made out of meat?

Heh... he-he-he...

Seriously though folks. Those who aren't smart enough to include meat protein in their diet should ponder the fact that the human race wouldn't be here today without it.

jacky4u

Good for him!! For all you idiots who can't follow the story.. Steve-o didn't walk out because people with diabetes can't eat meat.. it's because he was led to the event under the assumption THAT THIS PARTICULAR EVENT WAS GOING TO BE ALL ABOUT A PLANT BASED DIET for people with diabetes.. and THAT WAS GOING TO BE THE THEME OF THE EVENT. Nowhere does it talk about people with diabetes can't eat meat! PAY ATTENTION MORONS!!!

SaraBellum

P.S. It's the charity's fault for even agreeing to allow such a jackass to appear in the first place. What were they thinking?

dejahthoris

What a slimeball letting the kids down like that. You people saying vegetarianism cures Type 1 diabetes are have no idea what type 1 is. Type 1 is not caused by diet at all. There are plenty of vegetarians with type 1. Meat has NO effect on blood sugar levels whatsover. I was a vegan for 12 years and my beautiful is type 1. Type 1's will DIE without insulin in a few days. The amount of ignorance here is enough to make me want to puke my guts out. Its just so stupid I don't even know where to start. I feel really sorry for these kids that he let down, but he's obviously a piece of dirty human trash and I would not let my son near him. Good riddance.

dejahthoris

What a slimeball letting the kids down like that. You people saying vegetarianism cures Type 1 diabetes are have no idea what type 1 is. Type 1 is not caused by diet at all. There are plenty of vegetarians with type 1. Meat has NO effect on blood sugar levels whatsover. I was a vegan for 12 years and my beautiful son is type 1 diabetic. Type 1's will DIE without insulin in a few days. The amount of ignorance here is enough to make me want to puke my guts out. Its just so stupid I don't even know where to start. I feel really sorry for these kids that he let down, but he's obviously a piece of dirty human trash and I would not let my son near him. Good riddance.

__________

AP

"The kids would loved to have seen you" what a shame. YOu can't cure or prevent type 1 diabetes with a plant based diet. I really don't think the kids were missing a really great role model anyway.

JuviTD1

type 1 diabetes which usually occurs in children is an auto immune disease. Type 1 and type 2 are very different diseases. Type 1 diabetes cannot be cured (yet) It cannot be cured with lifestyle change. Type 2 can be changed with life style change.........what a JACKASS!!

mattxvx

He's right.

I don't care what your thoughts about veganism and vegetarianism are - because he's right. A plant based diet will dramatically cut your chances of developing diabetes.

Don't like it? Too bad. He's right.

smashley

Douche. he's not inteligent and no poster child for healthy living. why did they ask him anyway?