Steve-O BOYCOTTS Charity Event -- I'm Outraged!!

5/31/2011 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Jackass" star Steve-O WALKED OUT of a charity event benefiting the American Diabetes Association this weekend because they served meat for lunch ... claiming, "It's like serving alcohol at an AA meeting."
053111_steveo_still2

Steve-O was set to compete in the Celebrity Go Kart Tournament in Gardena, California this weekend -- but once he caught wind of the menu, he BOLTED.

On his way out, Steve O expressed his outrage with a woman named Helen from Children's Hospital -- saying, "I came here because I thought this was about promoting a plant-based diet as diabetes prevention and they're serving MEAT there ... so I'm outta here."

After asking a few kids if they wanted to take his place driving his go-kart in the event ... Steve-O added, "It's kind of an outrage to me ... it's stupid."

jimbo

It wasn't an event to promote "plant based eating". It was about diabetes! Anyone with diabetes knows that carbs is the problem. Too much fruit, bread and pasta can raise your blood sugar levels. Thankfully is seems that most of the people here know that.

MrsBeasley

vegan ways don't prevent you from getting cancer or anything else.

Betty

Really Joe?! You obviously don't know that there are differnet types of diabetes that your plants won't cure in 30 days....like Type I (Juvenile). No plant will jump start MY pancreas, sorry. Maybe you should do some research before you lump us all in one category. And Steve O's analogy was a little off--serving candy to diabetics is more in line with alcohol at an AA meeting. Stupid. Meat is one thing we CAN eat and it doesn't affect our blood sugar levels.

Brad

I was a big fan of his but now I think he is dumber than a box of rocks. God put animals on this planet for nourishment. Not to look at.

Brittani

That's stupid because most of my family is diabetics and meat is something they can actually eat without taking a shot because it's a carb. free food.

Sherry

He was promoting his own agenda, a vegetarian lifestyle. I have diabetes and in no way do they say to cut out meat. I like vegetarian food and Dr. warned me to be careful and make sure that I was getting the protein in that I needed in my diet.

ghfghfg

The healthy to non healthy food ratio is ridiculous. You walk into 711 and theres 8000 versions of a twinkie, and 2 protein bars, i want neither. It looks like it belongs in Chuck E Cheese.

BostonGreekGirl

@Joe - you are an idiot eating a plant base diet for 30days does not cure diabetes. My sister has diabetes and does not eat meat so where do you come up with this ****? She has to take her insulin every single day otherwise she will die you moron.

Just My Thoughts

Deliver us from preaching vegetarians.

Cheryl

Go have a drink looser.

Laura

Plant based diet only will raise blood sugar and keep a diabetic in glucose turmoil. The best way to treat diabetes is with a ketogenic diet, limited veggies, lots of fat, and meat as the staple of the diet.

em180

Boooo! Such a fan, now a disappointed one. But what can you expect from celebs? That they'll actually research something before attending a benefit? It's all about publicity and that's too bad. Waaa, how can I make this event I don't understand more about meeee?

Charlie Sheen

You are the JACKASS! The event was to promote a PLANT BASED DIET. What part of that don't you understand?

If you go to an event that encourages you to not smoke do you expect to see them handing out cigarettes?

It's unreal how many people have absolutely NO reading comprehension skills.
--------------------------------------------------------------
No, it was an event benefiting the American Diabetes Association, idiot.

Only person here with a lack of reading comprehension skills is you. Jesus Christ, it says it in the first sentence, idiot.

If that dolt wants to eat twigs and berries, then fine, but I will laugh everytime he takes a "stand", only to come off as a complete idiot.

What can you expect from a cracked out alky?

zachary

What a jack ass. With all the blow he put(s) into his body, not eating meat is kind like the fat@sses at McDonalds who order the big mac combo and large fries with a DIET coke. Like that is going to make some kind of a difference to their well being.

Cleveland Gal

Stand up for what you believe in...even if your standing alone. He is setting an example for those who don't know any better, people should listen to him and not ridicule him.