Jeremy Piven -- Cop Drama In Los Angeles

6/3/2011 9:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jeremy Piven's star power FAILED to get him out of a ticket yesterday -- because a cop wrote him up in Los Angeles ... a cop who claimed to have no idea who the hell Jeremy Piven is.

060211_piven_video

The cop wouldn't tell us why he pulled over the "Entourage" star -- but Jeremy insists it was just a  registration issue and told us, "there's no problem actually."

After the cop wrote up the actor -- and handed him a citation -- we asked the cop if Piv was the biggest star he'd ever pulled over ...but the officer claimed he had no idea who Jeremy was!!!

Burn.

JJ

Egomaniac or not, hair plugs or not, I enjoy his work, even as one-dimensional as many claim his acting to be. His portrayal of Dros in PCU makes me smile every time I see it. I don't think its mentioned anywhere in this article that he tried to use his status to get out of the ticket, the officer just said he didn't know who he was, so I'm not sure what all the flaming is about.

your own luck

Jeremy will be much more upset about the cop not knowing who he is than he will be over getting the ticket.

vic

sienna sacha certainly lives in some sort of alternate reality. in fact, i can think of a ton of jobs where if someone knows who Jeremy then I would hope he/she would not be employed as such. A medical doctor or a professor come to mind, in terms of people who should not know who Jeremy. These are entertainers, and not real social and political "movers and shakers". In fact, I wouldnt even rate them high in terms of cultural power. They're only influential in an entertainment sense. This cop probably reads legal writings, and probably would recognize a Barry Sheck or Vincent Bugliosi- folks you porbably would never recognize in your alternate superficial tv-filled existence. Read a book Sienna! Ask someone what a book is.

asstird

HA! HA! No one cares who you are you
dumb F$$K.

right straight

Cops are always harassing this guy,He's big on illegal parking though.

PRO US

Jeremy Piven? He's that fat, funny looking, gay actor on some cable TV show who said he got mercury poisoning from eating too much sushi and bowed out of doing a broadway play because of it, right? That entitles him to not get traffic tickets for offenses he commits? That police officer was obviously not advised of how the VIP Rule works for celebutards in Southern California.

CN

Who the Zuck is this punk kid?? IVE Never heard of him either..Not everybody does hollywood or cares..Make me wanna puke

Lady Juilette

I WOULDN'T KNOW WHO HE WAS IF I MET HIM. SORRY!

tom

harvey look at his plates when he pulls out. like he said registation

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

I wanted so bad to do Jeremy Piven until I found out he doesn't like to have his hair pulled from behind.

Some Dude

Probably doing 140 again...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3