Kelsey Grammer Wants to Separate Kids

6/3/2011 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer is denying it, but TMZ has obtained black and white proof that he wants to split up his kids, taking his son to live with him in Chicago and leaving his 9-year-old daughter behind in California.

0602_GRAMMER_DOC_EX

TMZ broke the story ... Camille Grammer wanted custody of the former couple's 2 kids because Kelsey wanted to split them up.  Kelsey's lawyer told us her story was "inaccurate."  But we've obtained a letter Kelsey's lawyer sent to Camille's attorney which says exactly what Camille claims.

The letter, dated April 29, 2011, says "Kelsey proposes ... Kelsey shall have primary physical custody of Jude and Camille shall have primary physical custody of Mason."  The letter says Kelsey wants to enroll 6-year-old Jude in a Chicago school.

0602_kelsey_RIP

The letter also outlines very specific terms of the custody agreement, including when each parent gets the kids on holidays.

Camille filed for primary physical custody yesterday ... and we've learned she wants custody so the kids aren't separated from each other.

As for Kelsey, his rep, Stan Rosenfield, tells TMZ, "Despite the fact that those connected with Camille Grammer seem to be hand delivering confidential documents to TMZ and other media outlets, we will continue not to make public statements about their private matters which can and apparently does beg for misinterpretation."

Rosenfield continues, "There is no valid reason to drag the Grammer children into any media spotlight."

Bree

Haha! I read on here sometimes how people think other posters are like the same person, and I usually agree. I'm sorry to disappoint you, though. LOL. I'm just a girl from the south sitting on my couch having a lazy Friday morning while my two little kids play and watch Barbie: A Fairy Secret, which is mind numbing because I've seen it like a 100 times now. And, I'll say again, I wasn't saying anyone was wrong or that I didn't agree. I was just pointing out that we don't actually know what's going on in this picture. But, I suppose that is how it is with all this crap we inundate our minds with on TMZ. LOL

ChiChi

Um okay, I have to put my two cents in. I'm not a fan of Kelsey, but Camille is by no means mother of the year. If any of you watched RHOB she spent no time with her children, dumping them on the nannies so she could run around with her boy-toy, tennis guy Nick. You only saw her trying to be a mother for the cameras after Kelsey ditched her and child support became an issue. For all we know the little boy wants to live with his Dad. On the show they seemed more attatched to Kelsey than they did Camille.

Beth

And I can confirm Bree and I are not the same person, she sounds much nicer than me :)...like I said people, I live in Chicago. Seriously, you all remind me of the people I used to go to church with, all pointing fingers, yet doing the same thing, maybe worse. He's not going to live in Chicago forever, just while shooting this series. And you really shouldn't believe everything you read, only 10% is actually the truth.

Veronica

I never post anything but I had to post my opinion. I have a 11/2 yr old and expecting another baby. I live for my children, I would do anything for them and to protect them from pain. Why doesn't Kelsey see that? Oh because he's a selfish prick who never should have been a father!

He wants just his son, but then he wants him in Chicago? Kelsey lives in NYC! What a total, absolute, jackass$$!

darisa

bree/beth -

hopefully you haven't procreated or plan to because you don't know much about children. Kelsey G. is being a selfish prick. that's all there is to it. there is no other side, or we don't know the whole story routine...these children have lived with their mother in one place for a while. As a parent, you don't ask for one child. that is emotionally scarring to the child left behind. You just don't do that no matter if the child says he/she wants to be left behind which i strongly doubt. keep the children together. i've never watched the Housewives show, only watched Frasier and Cheers...after this, Kelsey just took a nose dive. what a schmuck! and for the posters that are advocating his actions, shame on you too. seriously. shame on you. those poor kids...this is played out in front of the whole world. how would you like to know that your dad didn't want you to come along, only your sibling? shame on you people who actually think it's okay. don't ever procreate...please do us all a favor and don't have children.

Anon

Kay Bree, picture this: You say you have two kids. Would you like them split? If hubby or SO were to take off for something work-related, choose someone else, and decide to start a new family with half your children, would you be fine with that? If hubby or SO thought you were a good enough mother to leave the children with while working, would you agree to their questioning your parenting after they remarried within days of the divorce? As you look at your two children, how will you feel seeing only one playing Barbie? How will they feel growing up without the other? There you go.

What Kelsey is doing is so self-serving, so egotistical and yet entirely in line with everything he has done since he took up with this Kayte:

Get her pregnant? Sure.
Want to preserve his image by having Camille show up at Tonys? Absolutely.
Get a divorce and remarry within days? You bet.
Take the children or "half" the children? Completely in line with the Kelsey Grammer way.
Complain because it's made public as it might damage his reputation? See Tonys above.

Randomness

Splitting up the kids is moronic. My parents split when I was a kid and I can tell you having siblings that are there with you and understand the situation is the best thing. No one knows what goes on in your house except the people living with you. That's why only a sibling can truly be there for you and understand the hardship of parents divorcing.

Damon

Addict
Alcoholic
Sexual deviant
Ex-Con
Adulterer
Chronic heart condition, btw Camille saved his life.
16-18 hour work days, which means misstress whore (kayte)
will have custody.
Is this Kayte's constellation prize for her miscarraige.

Camille may be mean and anti-social with women, but she's no Kelsey Grammar.

middleagedcrazy

@ Beth --

Totally agree that getting the kids out of the hotbed of LA gossip for a while might be beneficial. Chicago is a much better place for kids -- especially in the summer -- so much to do and see.

However, vacation time is different from splitting them up. Unfortunately, the kids are in the middle and really should stay with known home, friends, etc. right now. They will spend time all over when the final orders are entered.

Bree

Okay. No of course not. I would never ever want to be separated from my kids! But at the same time, it's not shocking to me that a father would want his own child just as much as the mother might. I would think the father more of a douche if he didn't fight for them. Yes, I think it's probably more douchie to pick one kid over the other. But I like to give benefit of the doubt, so I'm guessing he has spoken with the children over this, what their wishes are. But, obviously I don't know. And maybe he hasn't and maybe his is an all out douche. Once again, I was just shocked that so many people thought THIS is what made him a horrible person. When I see these custody things as pretty common and normal, although sad. I've seen it in my own life (one of my brother's went and lived with my father when my parents divorced, although we weren't exceptionally close, so it didn't really bother me, it also didn't bother me that my father didn't ask for me to come, for one I was girl and two we weren't all the close either) and in those around me all my life. So, it's not surprising to me. THIS is not what makes me think less of him. His cheating and flaunting of a younger impregnated woman were what made me think less of him. I'm sorry that I had a different take on the matter, and I'm sorry you don't like that. I'm sorry that I immediately didn't think of calling him the s*** of the earth when I read this post. I already thought he was s***my. He probably won't even get the boy anyway. Although, I still think Camille is crazy, but Kelsey's a bit of a nut ball himself.

On a side note, when I was skimming, I saw one of the commenters post something listing all of Kelsey's relationships and kids. Did anyone else noticed how, like everyone in his family has died horribly? Either by murder or horrible accident? That is freakin nuts.

shawn

Just because thats what it says doesnt mean he only wants one kid, its if they both have one child, they both have the same responsibilities. the visitation part can be they see the kids at the same time each. Im sure he is old school, boys belong with dad, girls need to be with their mom, although that is not the case anymore.

middleagedcrazy

@ Damon --

What miscarriage?

Greygoose125

Wow - Kelsey Grammer certainly won't be a candidate for Father of the Year - ever!

tina

Look at it from the sisters perspective.

brother taken away.

father doesnt want her.

you dont yank a child away from everything he knows. Its child abuse. I dont get why he would live in Chicago? When K lives in New York. Is he going to be in a boarding school? Yep that's better than his mother, sister friends old school.

Wanda

Just because you decided that was no longer the home you wanted to live in - don't remove either of the childern from the only home they have known. I think he is trying to get out of paying child support - loser!