Rihanna -- I'm a Rockstar, NOT A PARENT!!!

6/2/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna is lashing back at the people criticizing her violent new music video for "Man Down" -- scoffing at the notion she's a role model ... saying, "What's up with everybody wantin me to be a parent?"

0602_rihanna_BN_Getty_01

RiRi went to her Twitter page today after the Parents Television Council condemned the "Man Down" video for depicting a premeditated murder and implying killing someone is an acceptable form of revenge.

Rihanna tweeted, "I'm a 23 year old rockstar with NO KIDS! What's up with everybody wantin me to be a parent? I'm just a girl, I can only be your/our voice!"

She continued, "We have the freedom to make art, LET US! Its your job to make sure they dont turn out like US."

"U can't hide your kids from society, or they'll never learn how to adapt! This is the REAL WORLD."

Meanie

ROCK STAR? Is she that f'g delusional? You honey, ain't no rock star, you're a no talent autotune skank who blew herself into a recording contract. Let's hear you do something unplugged, UNautotuned and really see what you're made of. The kid down the street has more talent in his left hand that you have in your whole no talent skank tattooed body.

mousetrap

You are not a rock star, Rihanna. Robert Plant and Jimmy Page are rock stars. Mic Jagger and the Rolling Stones are rock stars. You are a hip hop/rap, whatever you call it, whatever. But you are right. You don't have to be a "role model" to anyone. Who is anyone else to decide you should be this or shouldn't be that.

Melissa

I don't like Rhinna, but I do agree with her about teaching kids about the real world, this is how we need to deal with bullying also, we need to teach kids to deal with disappointment, they need to know that not everyone is going to like them. We spend more time telling bullies not to be bullies and that is doing absolutely nothing.

psychicruth

There is a song Hey Joe does that mean that bob dylan, and jimi hendrix should be chastised, or for that matter Eric clapton and bob marley for i shot the sherrif this shootin is a carib theme and certainly a theme of blues

MOTHER OF 3

Rihanna you are correct..OMG....PLEASE GIVE IT A REST WITH ALL THIS UPROAR. I AM A 38 YEAR OLD FEMALE AND AS SOON AS I SAW THE VIDEO I GOT IT. EVERYONE WANTS TO JUMP ON THE I HATE RIHANNA BUS AND SPOUT SH%T. LOOK AT TV SHOWS, SOAP OPERAS, VIDEO GAMES & OTHER VIDEOS AND YOU WILL SEE WORSE. SHE IS NOT TELLING ANYONE TO GO OUT AND COMMIT MURDER, LISTEN TO THE WORDS AND NOT JUST THE BEAT. I HAVE 3 DAUGHTERS AND I WAS THE ONE WHO THOUGHT THEM WHAT TO BE, HOW TO BE. I AM THEIR ROLE MODEL NOT THE TV OR ANYONE ELSE. PARENTS NEED TO EXPLAIN VIDEOS/TV SHOWS ETC LIKE THIS TO THEIR KIDS SO THEY CAN UNDERSTAND. IF I WAS RAPED OR MY GIRLS WERE HARMED WHO KNOWS HOW I WOULD REACT. THOSE WHO FEELS IT KNOWS IT.

I'm not anyone

It's funny that she thinks she's a "rock star"!

David

A rock star? I thought she was an R&B singer. We are the fools buying her products regardless. She's laughing at us all the way to the bank. Many people are so gullible. Whatever celebrities do is perfect, great, and cool, even if they murder someone or Rihanna making love to a woman on her "Te Amo video. She's not even American.

John

Not a rockstar, but she's dead on. Half the problem with society today is worthless fking "parents" that shelter their kids from EVERYTHING, thus they grow up with no fking clue how to coexist in society. They cry, bitch, and moan over everything because they can only see life from their narrow perspective. Over-sensitive, sheltered, d-bags.

lili

Wow. Morally devoid. Coming from someone who was beaten up and the world rallied around her, that's rich. Perhaps we ought to have stayed out of her business, because we ain't her parents.

Meanie

Just watched this on youtube... enough to make you want to puke your breakfast... the back up singers carry the tune because she's as flat as a detuned 100 year old piano and has the voice of a meat grinder.

ROCKSTAR? F.O. and die RiRi

3Storms

I am sick and tired of that old excuse. She knows damn well her key target demographic is NOT adults, but young impressionable ignorant naive easily-manipulated KIDS.

And she isn't even remotely rock material with her weak pop music.

Luan

Even though I don't think she's a rock star, she has no obligations to shield YOUR kids.
Be the parent of your own children and stop telling others what to do.

That is the sign of a terrible parent: thrusting responsibility of your offspring on others.

Shread

Rock Star? LMAO This Island Bimbo is nothing more than a low rent, happy meal eating pig.
Her head is the size of a peanut especially on that HUGE body. In person she looks really weird and its only gonna get worse with every year. Her 15 are almost up.

D

Wish she'd get rid of that clown hair!

Ryan

Does anyone else find it ironic that she says she is no parent, then proceeds to give us this quote:

That almost sounds like something a parent would say.