Rihanna -- I'm a Rockstar, NOT A PARENT!!!

6/2/2011 10:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rihanna is lashing back at the people criticizing her violent new music video for "Man Down" -- scoffing at the notion she's a role model ... saying, "What's up with everybody wantin me to be a parent?"

0602_rihanna_BN_Getty_01

RiRi went to her Twitter page today after the Parents Television Council condemned the "Man Down" video for depicting a premeditated murder and implying killing someone is an acceptable form of revenge.

Rihanna tweeted, "I'm a 23 year old rockstar with NO KIDS! What's up with everybody wantin me to be a parent? I'm just a girl, I can only be your/our voice!"

She continued, "We have the freedom to make art, LET US! Its your job to make sure they dont turn out like US."

"U can't hide your kids from society, or they'll never learn how to adapt! This is the REAL WORLD."

David

Those who praise, worship, and agree with Rihanna's statement are either not parents or on drugs. This society is a mess. I wonder why natural disasters are intensifying? This world is going to hell in a hand basket! Mark my words!

lili

Unbelievable how folks are supporting her "art." Wonder how people would feel if the depiction were the kkk gunning down a black person, or a klan member hanging a jewish person. Hmmmm. Unbelievable that people are passing this off as parenting.

VIOLENCE IS NOT OK. RIHANNA IS A CREEP. MAKES ME WONDER IF SHE DESERVED WHAT SHE GOT NOW AFTER ALL.

jax24

Rhianna you are not a rockstar..fYI..I used to like her til the whole Chris Brown thing then watcha know she starts f'n with him again..First sign that she's a stupid B%tch. Next....

Kelly

What a joke she is.. I love when "stars" prove my point on why I don't like or respect them without me having to argue it.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

youre a disgusting abused whore is what you are......rihanna is the bottom of the toilet after taking a dump......hope this bitch gets beaten like a bitch in prison ...... skank is an abused woman and does chit like this...me thinlks the bitch likes getting her skanky ass kicked! what a loser whore she is! and dont insult rock music....cause your chit aint rock....its forgettable music.

BaadBoy

David: Sounds like you were disappointed that the world was still here on May 22nd.

Leonel

Delusional
SHE'S TAKEN OVER BY THE DEVIL
ILLUMINATI TRASH

Selvie

Did no one notice?: In the video she shot down the man who raped her the night before, she was clearly in shock still and was remorseful for killing him, she simply wanted him hurt. He raped her people, right or not her vengance was taken out during distress.

Bubba

....I'm just a girl, ........."
Right, but an ugly one. What did Brown ever see in her? Looking at the above picture, she reminds me of those b1tches involved in streetfights.

Steven

she has a point if the kids dont know the **** aint real they they got a whole other set of problems

Patch

I love the fact that she states "I can only be your/our voice" and then says she's not a role model. Personally, if someone is claiming to be my voice or anyone else's they should consider their actions as a reflection of that "voice". Personally, her video is ok, but not anything to write home about, much like her music. So not offended here by her "art".

Blah

You are NOT a rockstar!! You a mainstream make me money puppet for all behind the scenes businessmen!

Mrs. H.

Violence depicted in her videos & songs is strangely connected with violence in her own life. She is no parent, she is no 23 girl, she is a woman who is making bad choices for herself...as a parent she certainly is no role model for any age.

Jackie

@ David....It's parents job to control what their kids should watch. I have a daughter and she barely watch any channel other than Disney or cartoon network. Though i have seen some creepy cartoons with assassination in them. She is a "musician" not your kids guardian angel. if she was a role model she wouldn't dress like a slut in first place. Role models died...for example like Princess Diana. IMHO

right straight

She has freedom of expression,however like it or not her prime audience is 11 years old.