Sean Kingston in Hospital -- Awake & Alert

6/3/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sean Kingston still has a breathing tube in his mouth so he can't talk -- but sources close to the singer tell TMZ, he's awake and alert in his hospital bed ... and he's getting better every day.

0602_sean_kingston_tmz_composite_EX
According to sources, Sean's friends and family have been inundating his hospital room in Miami since the accident -- and the "Beautiful Girls" singer is communicating through nods and sign language.

It's a big improvement since the day of his jet ski crash on Sunday -- when his injuries were so bad, he had to be treated in the trauma ward ... before he was transferred to the ICU.

Last we checked, Kingston was still in critical condition -- and doctors expect to keep him hospitalized for another couple of weeks.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

A L O N G way from the Miami Herald report!!!

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

OK, I just took another look at the pic. Why doe it look like it's photoshopped? Is it just me?

JM in San Diego CA

@Joey: No, it's not just you, but the pic is clearly identified as a composite. Look to the lower right corner. Per the write-up, he has a breathing tube and (probably) some not-so-pretty facial injuries.

I think Photoshop (or similar) use is OK when the product is identified as having been altered or manipulated. (I detected "that look," too.)

Gizmo

Great that Sean is doing better...The pic looks like Mr. Potato head though.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Thanks, JM in S.D. _ After I wrote that I realized that there was no breathing tube....blonde moment. Also, the shoulder proportion (among other things, like no bruising,etc.) was really bizarre. But, seriously, thanks. :)

Jack

I still don't know who this dude is & why is he news. Fat black guy + ocean + jet ski = DUH

coco

Is he going to end up like Gary Busey?

DoryJay

TMZ why would you post a photo that clearly has been altered. This picture is too fake. I cannot believe you did not recognize this...

Anonymous527496

Aww..it's good to hear he's doing better. The rescue story broke my heart-but it's good now. Hope he has a full recovery.

tgrfan42069

he wasnt as injured as they made out.

Jackie

Hmm!!....looks like a white person with a tanned hand...with a black face. couldn't you use his usual photos without photoshop. Or couldn't you find a black man's photo and use it on him?

Bubba

I never heard of this guy in the first place.
Second, if he were white I would have thought he was some redneck mounting and speeding a jetski for the first time.
But like Jack writes: "Fat black guy + ocean + jet ski = DUH"

THIN LIZZY

TgrfaN, dude was puking blood after a blunt trauma injury. He got jacked up and then some. I'll bet anything they stuck a tube in his lung to drain the fluid.

@ImPraying4SeanK

Thanks god! i love Sean Kingston

MidoriMe

I wonder if he will lose any weight in the hospital? Hopefully he can lose some of those lb's.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments