'X Factor' to Cheryl Cole: For Money, Not Love

6/5/2011 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sources at "X Factor" tell TMZ ... FOX and Fremantle (the producers of the show) are trying to get Cheryl Cole back on the program, a week after giving her her walking papers ... but it's more about the bottom line than about loving Cheryl.

0604_cheryl_cole_getty_exd
Our sources say when producers told Cheryl she wasnt right for the U.S. version of "X Factor," they tried to put her on the UK version of the show. Cheryl's managers wanted £2.5 million and producers thought it was too much, so the deal went south.

We're told Cheryl was due to get paid around $1.5 million for the U.S. show -- about what Paula Abdul and LA Reid are making -- but she has not decided whether to accept and come back.

The whole situation becomes even messier when you take into account Nicole Scherzinger -- who was originally hired as a host, but was moved to being a judge when Cheryl was axed. Her position on the show now seems to be up in the air.

Our sources say Cheryl's deal with the U.S version is "pay or play" -- meaning she gets paid whether she does the show or not. We're told execs at FOX -- and especially at Fremantle -- dont want to lose the money ... so it's better to have her on the show than not.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

McG

I feel SO badly for this woman, now who is she?

MoonDust

I say publicity stunt to create a buzz for the show. Either way, I don't really care for Simon, he is just too rude for my taste unlike the coaches at "the voice".

george fudge!

Cheryl Cole is beautiful, smoking hot. The producers who got rid of her are obviously gay.
Bring Cheryl back and dump Paula Abdul.

adelle

such a pretty lady.

Dragon Tattoo

I think this is just for publicity to introduce Cheryl into the American media. Most people still don't know anything about her.

writenow

So. It turns out she's as smart as she is pretty. Cool.

Mary Bailey

Say it with me now kids - PUBLICITY STUNT.

No comment

I don't know this woman...but the NFL shows via their networks send commentators to special classes on improving diction and pronunciation. I heard one former NFL player in an interview say he was sent to classes to rid him of his heavy ethnic accent so the audience could better understand him. Why don't they do the same with Cheryl?

adelle

niahua 7 minutes ago
input this URL:

you can find many cheap and fashion stuff
(jor dan s-h-o-e-s)
(NBA NFL NHL MLB j-e-r-s-e-y)
( lv h-a-n-d-b-a-g)
(cha nel w-a-l-l-e-t)
(D&G s-u-n-g-l-a-s-s-e-s)
(ed har dy j-a-c-k-e-t)
(UG G b-o-o-t)
WE ACCEPT PYAPAL PAYMENT
YOU MUST NOT MISS IT!!!

herrooo super cheap reary grood price give me double happiness ^_^ me come to yr site

Damon

It's a publicity stunt!

AI did it with the the finalist lsing her voice, and TMZ fell for it.

janet

Who are these people? Of course it's all publicity.

asu

I hope she does come back. She'll be a huge hit here in America.

File that lawsuit, I am Lindsay Lohan!

Publicity to introduce her and her ACCENT to the American media so that people wouldn't complaint about her accent. I don't think people would have anyways, I mean she isn't the first Brit we see or meet.

Stiletto

For that extra million I will gladly interpret what she says and type out captions for the non-****ney viewers.

Soccer Fan

@lol at Stiletto :)
I have seen her youtube videos, and I think her accent was charming and understood what she said. I say PUBLICITY to gain sympathy for her about her accent.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments