'Lost' Star Sued Over Bloody Shower Emergency

6/5/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Costa Rican pop star Debi Nova is pissed off at "Lost" star Jeremy Davies -- not because of how the show ended -- because she allegedly sliced the hell out of her thumb in a building he owns.

0603_davies_debi_nova_twitter_getty_ex
Nova -- who appeared on "Dancing with the Stars" last year -- is suing Davies ... claiming he owns her Santa Monica apartment building and could have prevented a MAJOR catastrophe back in February.

According to the lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Nova says her shower door came off and shattered -- and in the process, she suffered "numerous internal and external injuries" ... including damage to her thumb.

Nova tweeted about the incident -- posting photos (see above) and saying the injuries were so bad, she needed to be rushed to the ER and required surgery to fix her wounded digit.

In the lawsuit, Nova says Davies "should have known" the shower door was a problem and was negligent in keeping the property safe. She's suing for unspecified damages.

So far, no comment from Jeremy's rep.

Cartman

Maybe he can childproof the rest of the home too.

als

Is she kidding? I believe its the rental agency that is responsible for inspecting the property.

victoria

Is it me or does her thumb look really long in the picture with the bandage?

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

I'm sorry Debi - Numerous INTERNAL???? (& external injuries) What KIND of INTERNAL injuries did you sustain? As someone, who spends a great deal of time in the hospital (me),
You look pretty damn happy in your pictures for having such SERIOUS injuries!
A lot of shower doors can come off the track at anytime for many reasons, unless you have an extremely unique type of door, which I hope is the case, because I am sick of people suing everybody for their errors.
Also, isn't your real last name "Nowalski Kader?" My daughter said she met you at LAMA. That question was from her.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

Damn Victoria! You're right! :) That is the "Empire State Building
of Thumbs! (must be photoshopped?)

Carvey

So.... because his character on Lost was quite knowledgeable concerning the physics of time travel he should have known that in the future an idiot would rent a property from him and cut herself when knocking the shower door of the tracks?

SantaFeJack

What about your obligation to tell the landlorda bout anything faulty in your apt.? Will landlords in future have to do an apt. check once a month, once a week, once a day on every apt. to insure there is nothing broken or potentially dangerous? Gimme a break!

Bolivar

That bandage looks really amateur. I doubt that any medical personnel were drunk enough to mess it up that bad...

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Yes, because landlords are psychic, they always just know when something needs to be fixed. How much is she suing for? Probably 5 million dollars. I say, pay for the emergency room visit and give her three months rent. Done.

Sammie

Oh brother. Some things are just accidents. Obviously, she needs money cuz she has nothing else.

anni

That is obviously his hand on the right, and he is mocking her. Douche.

Nasious Cordova

Wow! Is this **** kidding??

Using the same logic, I'm putting together a suit against Debi because she should have known that her singing voice startled my cat into clawing me. I mean, seriously! Whatever happened to personal accountability? If you have an issue with your rental property, report it to the building manager. And keep in mind, if you slam or pull really hard, a glass shower door can come off the track.

We need legislation where filing frivolous lawsuits qualified for the death penalty. That might cut down on this kind of garbage... or at least reduce repeat offenders.

Everyones~A~Star

Did she have a repair request put in to the maintenance/management? Landlords dont magically know when a repair is needed...you have to call and say...fix my shower door.

mom

If you can't make money trying to be a celeb, sue one.

bunny

Internal damages? What'd she do? Did she lean against the door putting her body weight on it, it breaks and she falls out of a tub onto the floor? I mean really, internal damages? Maybe she should stop taking showers or get a stool so she doesn't lean on the glass. What a dumbas*.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments