Rep. Weiner

YES, the Penis Bulge is Mine

6/6/2011 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NY Congressman Anthony Weiner just confessed ... he IS the owner of the penis in the infamous  underwear pic and accidentally posted it on Twitter while trying to send it to another woman -- and he WON'T be resigning.

Rep Weiner

Weiner addressed the media in Manhattan this afternoon to take responsibility for the picture -- telling reporters, "The picture was of me, and I sent it" ... and he planned to send it to another woman.

The congressman says he will not resign from office because of the scandal -- and plans to return to his work following the conference.

As for his explanation, Weiner says he accidentally posted the pic to his Twitter account last month -- panicked when he realized what he did ... and falsely claimed he had been hacked.

"At the end of the day ... I lied because I was embarrassed."

Weiner adds, "I take full responsibility for my actions ... I have made terrible mistakes. I have not been honest with myself, my family , and my constituents."

According to Weiner, he engaged in several "inappropriate conversations" online -- and exchanged sexually explicit photos with "at least six women."

Weiner adds, "I have never met with these women, nor have had physical relationships at any time."

Weiner says he and his wife don't have plans to split over the controversy.

Muchadoaboutnothing

So many saints on here (who knew)? He's sorry he did it. The media/public will judge him into the ground. Wolf Blitzer is making it personal. Now let's spend millions on a congressional hearing. Bunch of self-righteous idiots.

bunny

I wish you put the part when Benjy ask questions in there.

m Smith

This is totally not a surprise. Did anyone honestly think he was truthful? He was as truthful as Arnold, John Edwards, and numerous other politicians. It woould have been more accepting if he would have been honest, but who is ever honest these days....it is not the political norm.

Suz

If you use the media, it will get out...when are they gonna learn???? No we don't just think you are stupid...we know you are...

ruby

What is it with American politicians that are always engaged in some sort of sex scandal! Strange!

reallyirked

HE NEEDS TO RESIGN. Demand it people of NY. He tried to blame Andrew Breitbart and sooo many people. HE is a liar. How can anyone trust him ever again?!!!!

grace

I think... his wife found out that he is still having ONLINE PLEASURE and she send the pictures ..a woman is like a bag of tee u never know how strong she is unless u put her in ho*****er GRACE

frank

At least he did not have sex with them like Vitter, Ensign and Sanford.

Puckett

bunny less than a minute ago
I wish you put the part when Benjy ask questions in there.

---

Why? Nobody cares about the loud mouthed p*ssies that cling to Howard Stern as if their 15 minutes of fame depends on it, because it does.

Solaera

Ew. If I were to find topless photos of that rat-faced barstard with his plucked chicken body in my inbox, I would be forced to chuck my phone into the sea right along with my eyeballs...so, so gross.

FreeWill

The problem is not the lie, but the attempt to cover it! He's a moron a don't deserve to be on office!

luluthebeast

Weiner is such a doofus! But you can tell he's a DEM as he was'nt texting his crotch to a guy.

Tellthetruth59

At first I thought that was his peen... now I think he just wants to take credit for it because it's huge.

Evan Benz

The congressman was once so happy and excited !!!

MoonDust

I truly have lost hope in ALL men. He is only embarrassed because he got caught and had to confess to his wife. Once a cheater always a cheater, I don't believe he didn't have sex with them either. Now, the wife should divorce his ugly ass and embarrass him in the process, but since she is a politician's wife she will just stay with him just like Chris Lee's wife (the politician who trolls Craigslist looking for tranny girls). Cheaters don't change, at least Chris Lee resigned and is still in hiding. Men are ALL pigs.