Rep. Weiner

YES, the Penis Bulge is Mine

6/6/2011 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

NY Congressman Anthony Weiner just confessed ... he IS the owner of the penis in the infamous  underwear pic and accidentally posted it on Twitter while trying to send it to another woman -- and he WON'T be resigning.

Rep Weiner

Weiner addressed the media in Manhattan this afternoon to take responsibility for the picture -- telling reporters, "The picture was of me, and I sent it" ... and he planned to send it to another woman.

The congressman says he will not resign from office because of the scandal -- and plans to return to his work following the conference.

As for his explanation, Weiner says he accidentally posted the pic to his Twitter account last month -- panicked when he realized what he did ... and falsely claimed he had been hacked.

"At the end of the day ... I lied because I was embarrassed."

Weiner adds, "I take full responsibility for my actions ... I have made terrible mistakes. I have not been honest with myself, my family , and my constituents."

According to Weiner, he engaged in several "inappropriate conversations" online -- and exchanged sexually explicit photos with "at least six women."

Weiner adds, "I have never met with these women, nor have had physical relationships at any time."

Weiner says he and his wife don't have plans to split over the controversy.

Puckett

reallyirked 5 minutes ago
HE NEEDS TO RESIGN. Demand it people of NY. He tried to blame Andrew Breitbart and sooo many people. HE is a liar. How can anyone trust him ever again?!!!!

----

If you trust politicians your an idiot. You don't need to wait until they lie about sexting to know they are lieing to you, they're politicians. You actually trust politicians? I mean really!?

And no he doesn't need to resign over a so-called sex scandal that amounts to nothing more the a little dirty talking and a few pics between adults.

Hey Now

Well, duh. It was pretty clear when he couldn't answer yes or no as to whether that was his junk and undies.

cmusa

who dat

I believe everyone makes mistakes sooner, rather then later. It would have looked better if he admitted the entire episode last week when the story broke.

The reason he didn't is the same reason he acted this way. He is a narcissist.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) is a personality disorder.

The narcissist is described as being excessively preoccupied with issues of personal adequacy, power, prestige and vanity. Narcissistic personality disorder is closely linked to self-centeredness.

The cause of this disorder is unknown, according to Groopman and Cooper. However, they list the following factors identified by various researchers as possibilities.[3]

* An oversensitive temperament at birth is the main symptomatic chronic form
* Being praised for perceived exceptional looks or talents by adults
* Excessive admiration that is never balanced with realistic feedback
* Excessive praise for good behaviors or excessive criticism for poor behaviors in childhood
* Overindulgence and overvaluation by parents
* Severe emotional abuse in childhood
* Unpredictable or unreliable caregiving from parents
* Valued by parents as a means to regulate their own self-esteem

Some narcissistic traits are common and a normal developmental phase. When these traits are compounded by a failure of the interpersonal environment and continue into adulthood, they may intensify to the point where NPD is diagnosed. Some psychotherapists believe that the etiology of the disorder is, in Freudian terms, the result of fixation to early childhood development. If a child does not receive sufficient recognition for their talents during about ages 3–7 they will never mature and continue to be in the narcissistic early development stage.

RodFanatic77

I think Harvey was talking about these frivolous things like people get heated about religion or politics. OOC Harvey today!

mark

In regards to the comments from Tonya in Tx.....are you nuts Tonya? A real man to stand up for what he did...absolutely. However...he did none of this! He flat out lied...lied to his family, constituants and America. He said his account was hacked...lie. He said the photo was not him....lie. He said he didn't send it....lie. The only reason why he is coming clean now is because others came forward that he has done this to before and he realizes there is no way out....he is caught! So now...and only now...he comes clean and you call him an honest man? Really Tonya? Sure you don't want to re-think that statement? He needs to resign from public office...simple as that. I know this does not sound like a big deal, but he LIED to the voters. He tried to get away with something he did that he knows was wrong....and then lied about it! Double whammy. I never want someone I vote into office to blatantly lie to cover their wrongdoings.

Joe Boo

Honestly, he is being a little WEINER.

Why are all politicians creeps?

Because they have creepy WEINERs.

Philly_Special

Why is it always the little guys who have large packages! I forgive you Weiner! Yum Yum.

Keith

why is it that everyone is so harsh in their judgements? so what, he sent a picture of his crotch to someone while he was married. Alot more people do way more than that. When is everyone going to accept that we all make mistakes. He shouldn't lose his job or his marriage over something so stupid. The embarassment that it has caused him should be enough. Wake up America, don't be so critical. I am sure you've all done something just as bad if not worse. Get a clue. Don't be such hypocrites!!!

Puckett

cmusa about a minute ago
He needs to resign now. He has lied since day one about this and only came clean today when there was no way he could deny the latest pictures. You liberals disgust me. If this were a republican/conservative you would all be calling for his head. You are all a bunch of hypocrites. He needs to resign.'

---

It's been my observation that sex scandal plagued Republicans resign because of their own judgmental Republican base rejecting them, not because of Democrats calling for their resignation.

Democrats aren't hypocrites about sex scandals they just aren't as tight assed about them to begin with. They also don't go around preaching about "family values" to their voters then get caught with their pants down like repubs do. THAT's hypocrisy and THAT's why Republicans resign over their sex scandals.

Solaera

"...This is was me doing a dumb thing...and doing it repeatedly."

~Anthony Wiener

Lol.

Lena

Congressman Prick should resign. His wife should dump him. He's a pig. NOW he admits to sending the picks to at least 6 chicks before AND after he married...UGH! disgusting...

Hey Keedee...what's up with you? Did he send YOU one of the pics. You sound a little forgiving...I mean turned on...are you one of those girls who thinks perverts are sexy and their antics are flattering?

FREAKS!

MO

HE STILL SAYS THAT THE PICK WASN'T HIM WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY A LIE. HE ALSO SAYS THAT AT NO TIME HAS HE MET ANY OF THESE WOMEN OR HAD PHYSICAL RELATIONSHIPS WITH THEM WHICH NO ONE EVER ACCUSED HIM OF. HE ONLY ADMITTED TO WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW AND CONTINUES TO DISTORT WHAT WE ALREADY KNOW. I GAURANTEE THAT MOST OF THIS DID NOT TAKE PLACE BEFORE HIS MARRIAGE AS WE WILL SOON FIND OUT. AT LEAST THE REPUBLICAN GUY HAD THE DECENCY TO NOT LET HIS PERSONAL LIFE BE A DISTRACTION WITH ALL OF THE SERIOUS ISSUES THIS NATION IS FACING. WEINER DOESN'T HAVE THE SAME DECENCY. HE SHOULD HAVE LONG AGO RESIGNED. ALSO, HOW COULD HE BE DUMB ENOUGH TO DO THIS AFTER A REPLICAN JUST RESIGNED A FEW MONTHS AGO OVER USING ANOTHER SOCIAL SITE TO POST PICS OF HIMSELF?

Casey

If he can fess up so can Blake Lively.

Kabala

You left out "Choice 3" - "Chop off weiner".