« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Ron Artest Scores Reality TV Deal

6/6/2011 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Los Angeles Lakers star Ron Artest has locked up a deal for a brand new reality TV show -- but he won't be dating a Kardashian sister ... he's helping ex-cons change their lives through basketball.

0605_ron_artest_reality_show_video

Artest -- who is no stranger to getting second chances -- will mentor a group of parolees for a show called, "Last Second Shot."

Ron Ron will work with a team of mental health experts and life coaches to help the parolees take control of their lives while teaching them life lessons through basketball.

"We're gonna put them through an intensive experience," Ron says ... adding, "Give them hope and confidence to change their lives."

We're told the production company, 44 Blue Productions, hasn't pitched the show to any networks yet ... but they're "very high on it."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Undecided

Cant ya do it without cameras..

Undecided

Or pitch it to OWN. Sure she will think about it...

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

to Undecided - It seems that no one can anymore huh!
I still think he & Shaq should hook up (with Shaq's Police Reserve experience) and the two of them can combine their efforts, starting with NBA players who some definitely have some mental problems. Then they could move on to the NFL and to the players that also commit crimes on the side, would keep them busy for an infinite amount of time.

Rogue Warrior

Sounds interesting, I'll tune in.............

January Jonez

Say what you want about Artest, but this is one Class A guy!!
He has done so many good deeds to help people..
Some private/some public...remember last years ring raffle?
So I say, good for you RA..May you continue being Fabulous!

Gizmo

A positive change in the World of reality...People probably wont watch it though, which is sad.

Gizmo

He can also help the NHL, So they can stop hitting one another in the face with hockey sticks. Or Lenny Dykstra he sure needs some mentoring right now.

Sly

Of course he can do it without cameras but I think the main goal is to kind counteract all the reality shows and there horrible messages. He is actually doing more good then bad.. unlike the Kardashians or shows like teen mom and Bridalplasty

OooooNooo!

"they are very high on it."

Hey, TMZ, you got a typo there. Should read "the production company must have been very high when they proposed the show."

Tina

Though his intent may be good, isn't there some other way to rehabilitate ex-cons other than teaching them how to PLAY ball? I don't know, like using their brains.

LakersGirl

Seriously?! Odom has his "reality" show, Kobe is endorsing any and everything for a mil or more, Shannon Brown is now writing "poetry" Ron Artest was looking @ record deals and now a reality show, Fisher seems to just "show up" at games with no prior prep...I mean c'mmon now I'm all for charity work and personal growth but could the Lakers maybe I unno work some basketball into their routines? Maybe then they'd at least pose some of a challenge to the Mavs. GET UR HEAD IN THE GAME and stop pimping your image for everything it's worth - if it really is worth all that the opportunities will still be there when u retire (just ask Majic, Kareem or even Shaq)

pyrochick

Ron-Ron, what a GREAT idea! I hope it gets picked up by a network and it works. Any opportunity to change a life is worth watching!!! I'm all for this one!

David

What happened to "they call me crazy"? I thought he was ment to be going around making up for people he'd upset through out his life?