« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tiger Woods -- Count Me Out of US Open

6/7/2011 11:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods will NOT be playing in the US Open this month -- thanks to a couple nasty injuries he suffered at the Masters back in April.

0607_tiger_woods_getty_bn

Woods just tweeted, "Not playing in US Open. Very disappointed. Short-term frustration for long-term gain."

According to a statement he released on his website -- "I was hopeful that I could play, but if I did, I risk further damage to my left leg. My knee and Achilles tendon are not fully healed. I hope to be ready for AT&T National, the next two majors and the rest of the year."

0607_tiger_injury_AP2
Woods damaged his knee and Achilles tendon during the Masters -- after taking an off-balance shot (above).

0406_celebrity_injuries_footer_v2

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Love Star Wars

As Cher once so eloquently put it .... GETTING OLD SUCKS !!

Rafaelle Zuccaro

Just get lost, Tiger, go spend some time with WEINER, you guys are two of a kind. Decadent PIGS!!!

John

People really vent their rage on TMZ. Thanks Harvey for there being a place where people say what they feel. Good luck trying to post a real comment on "Socialitelife"

dee

Praise the lord now I can turn on the tv and not see or hear about the loser go play with yourself and your whores and your money and go away we don,t care.

george fudge!

Now he can watch Phil Mickleson win it on tv.

watcher 1

TIGER WHO?

Billy

Tiger didn't injure his leg playing golf. It was when he tried to run off from his ex-wife and she hit him with the golf club and chased him into a car accident. He probably wasn't belted in when he hit that tree.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Wow! Tiger passes up an opening? If he did that years ago he would still be married.

CMKmarketing

who gets hurt playing golf? from- www.cmkmarketing.com

Phil Gorian

Despite it all, the U.S. Open still won't be the same without Ol' TW.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3