Tina Fey

Tracy's Rant Was 'Violent,' 'Disturbing'

6/10/2011 5:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tina Fey says she was disturbed by the "violent imagery" in Tracy Morgan's homophobic stand-up act in Nashville -- but insists her "30 Rock" co-star is not a "hateful man."

0610_tina_fey_tracy_morgan_ex_getty

In a statement to TMZ, Tina said she's glad Tracy apologized -- but explained, "The violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the GLBT Community."

Fey continued, "It also doesn't line up with the Tracy Morgan I know, who is not a hateful man and is generally much too sleepy and self-centered to ever hurt another person.

"I hope for his sake that Tracy's apology will be accepted as sincere by his gay and lesbian co-workers at '30 Rock', without whom Tracy would not have lines to say, clothes to wear, sets to stand on, scene partners to act with, or a printed-out paycheck from accounting to put in his pocket."

NBC Chairman Bob Greenblatt claims the network has warned Morgan about the incident -- saying, "Tracy’s comments reflect negatively on both '30 Rock' and NBC – two very all-inclusive and diverse organizations – and we have made it clear to him that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated."

jessemosslover

What he said came straight from the heart and his heart is full of hate.

nof

I don't know if Tina Fey actually wrote this -

But it's about as good -

As it gets -

In the way of servicing all points of view -

I'd say it borders -

On outright genius -

- And Nof should know.

bailey

lol im sorry but i agree with tracy morgan. I would be pissed off too if anyone in my family was gay. thankfully no one is. what a relief. being gay/lesbian should be illegal. it's just beyond wrong. and looks disgusting 2 guys or 2 girls holding hands and making out. it's just gross. and they want to get married? lol it's just sick. i don't like gay people and i don't even wanna be around gay people. ick.

tommy

Tina is a waste of space,not funny..
Tracy funny. Great jokes

Rogue Warrior

Does Harvey sit on the board of directors of GLAAD or what??? I don't hate gays at all, but after researching GLAADs ways, I realized there are a LOT of gays who are disturbed by their agenda so I wasn't alone even though I'm straight.

They are extremists just like GA and the feminist movement, so I guess it comes with the territory and Harveys love for GA is more understandable. I understand it, however I DON'T agree with it!

James

Just a simple clarification for everyone saying "Free Speech". Free speech, which is your constitutional right only applies to the government censoring you, so it doesn't apply here. Certainly Mr. Morgan can say what he wants and the government can't (with some exceptions) censor him but that doesn't mean his job isn't on the line.

Rogue Warrior

In TM's defense, he was referring to his son being one of those who desperately try and act like women, with their lisp talking, and all that accompanies those folks. We've all seen them. He wasn't referring to his son being gay like Harvey who acts like a man, talks like a man, and dresses like a man. I'd chase women with Harvey any day!

Thom

LOL So Tina, the great comedienne who slams Palin, defends her coworkers no matter what and also has the father of a 'little pig' working for her. How classy of her. Think if that was some republican doing that, what would she say? And I bet she loves the democrat Wiener, too. How disgusting she has become.

ron

If he was WHITE 30Rock would fire him

Gwendolyn

I'm not sure why he wouldn't have clothes to wear. and I'm sure his entire livelihood doesnt depend on kissing the up to gay people. some people do not agree with the gay lifestyle. I disaggree with hatred in any form especially when it manifests itself in violence. he was wrong to say what he said but if he or anyone disagrees with the concept of a certain sexual orientation that should be thier choice and they should not feel pressured or punished by society for feeling the way they do. and a person shouldn't feel like if they don't agree with a certain lifestyle that their livelihood will suffer and they won't have a paycheck or clothes to wear ect. some people don't agree with being gay they think its wrong. so is it right to hate them to ostrisize them to target them? why isn't the freedom to choose both ways. its seems sometimes to me that Gladd and these other organizations are trying to strong arm everyone to agreeing with them. I think that is just as wrong an attitude as what they are disagreeing and fighting against.

ron

Well said Brandon. I will back your movie

JM in San Diego CA

Tina Fey has said many objectionable things.

Too bad Sarah Palin isn't in a protected group. Sarah doesn't have a special set of "Human Rights," like a certain group I can think of.

charita

leave him alone he's a dam comedian. forget these gay ass people. everybody does not have to be sencitve to your happy asses!!!!

nachoman

all these people screaming free speech should go up to their boss tomorrow and call him a "fcking c*nt"

You see youre free to call him that, but if you want to continue being employed by him you dont.

Tracy is free to say whatever he wants, but if he wants to continue with his well paid job then he cant make comments that bring his employer into disrepute.

And as for comparisons with richard pryor. Tracy would also have the freedom to make adult comedy if he were not employed by a tv network. Maybe if he wants to continue saying hell stab gay kids he should resign and go back to stand up full time

Juanita

So we live in a society now where you can't tell jokes that might offend some people? Get me off this planet. %