Tracy Morgan

Booed at Concert, People Walked Out

6/10/2011 7:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tracy Morgan's homophobic act in Nashville was met with a smattering of boos -- and several people also walked out of the show -- this according to a person who was at the show.

Tracy Morgan

TMZ spoke with someone in attendance at the Ryman Auditorium ... who tells us Morgan's entire act was filled with offensive gay jokes ... explaining, "It was the worst thing I've ever heard ... so not funny."

As we previously reported, Morgan's June 3rd performance ignited a firestorm of controversy -- after he "joked" that he would "stab" his son for acting gay.

Rhubino

People don't hate gays, they hate what they do.

Jonathan

I'll bet Tracy Morgan wishes he were funny right about now.
He never has been and this "Humor" is as low as you can go for someone who has no talent.

I'm sure Tracy wouldn't mind lynching jokes because it's just a joke, right? If you can take a noose around your neck you can take a joke? I'm sure he CHOSE to be black, as that would allow any form of racism toi be acceptable.

The only funny thing to come out of this will be the end of his career.

Marie

scro_tom 4 minutes ago
the only thing at the moment good about the america is freedom of speach if you dont like what he said dont go see him

Hitler had freedom of speech when he ordered the nazi soldiers to kill thousand of jews. People should be more careful with what they say because words can kill.

Muppet

I can't believe the number of people on this site criticising the man for his jokes yet stooping to the same level by making offhanded comments and racist comments about black people. All you're showing the rest of is that you are no better than the man you're shouting down!
Clearly Tracy is in the wrong with his so called "jokes" but so are you for lowering yourselves to do the same thing!

Anon

So Tracy Morgan is saying hi*****e for gays is greater than his love for his son.

Really sad. I'm just one but he's lost me as a fan.

Muppet

excuse the typos.

Craig

I am 100% in support of gay rights, marriage equality etc. That said, isn't it POSSIBLE this is Tracy's "act"? I mean, look at Louis CK. He uses the "n" word all the time in his act, has made jokes about rape, uses the word ****ot...yet GLAAD and the NAACP haven't gone after him. Assuming for the sake of argument this was just part of his act, I don't find it funny...just like I could do without the n and f words in CK's act. But it doesn't make either of them racist or homophobic - it's their job as comics to push the limits and make you react. And sometimes they misjudge and cross the line and *think* something will go off funny but then the audience just doesn't get it, which I suspect is what happened here.

NightOwl

I've seen him live he's not funny, just an ignorant ass.

Howie

Tracy Morgan is a "comedian" who has never been funny. Never. He looks and acts gay, not that there's anything wrong with that, except then he goes on to condemn, satirize, criticize and make vicious fun of gays in his routine. He looks like a stereotypical gay. He's probably gay and ashamed of being gay so he projects his own self-hatred and embarrassment and shame against gays. Tracy Morgan is a no-talent, hypocritical fool. What a talentless piece of lard. And a large one. Has he fooled you into thinking he's straight? Good! That's what he intended to do. Parachute him into Libya and let him figure out what he should do there. That would be one funny reality show.

Muppet

When they started to boo him that should've been a good indicator that his jokes were not going over well. At that point he should've changed up his act instead of carrying on until he offended people so badly they walked out. Not a good comedian if you want my opinion.

JulieB

First of all, being gay is NOT a choice. Second, we have to stop the hatred of other human beings.

Howie

Tina Fey employs this prejudiced hate monger? That's all you need to know about Tina Fey. She has shown herself to have 0 (Zero) credibility by hiring him and continuing to work with him. Tina Fey is a 0 (Zero).

Bette

Just b/c I don't accept a person choice to live a gay lifestyle doesn't make me phobic... I have rights too and I chose not to accept someone's decision to be gay. I don't really care if someone is gay, just don't try to make me accept it, cuz it ain't gonna happen.

Anon

It appears you cannot say his hate without getting edited.

his.....hate

Hmmm

Gsharon 710

Stay the hell away from COMEDY SHOWS if you cannot keep from crying. Blacks, whites, lots of comedians make jokes in a COMEDY setting about color you idiots. It is comedy. Don't like it don't listen.

I don't like it when a couple of fa......gay men get all lovey with each other in the faces of my small children, but do I demand an apology? No, because while teaching my children what is happening with that couple also require another lesson in letting people have choices and the need for respect not violence.

I am getting so sick and tired of the f'king gay groups making demands like they are correct. I now have to watch my mouth and bring back the tolerance I need to go on in this strange world.

A few short months ago, I had never written or spoken about what gays are doing, but the recent demands from gay groups has changed me, and I don't like it. You are going to bring anger, disgust and negative attention to yourselves, not promote love.

STFHU