Shifty Shellshock's Wife Files for Divorce

6/11/2011 1:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Shifty Shellshock's estranged wife has filed for divorce, TMZ has learned -- and she's demanding full custody of their 7-year-old son ... claiming the "Celebrity Rehab" alum is a crappy caretaker.

0610_SHIFTY_wife_getty_ex
Melissa Binzer filed the divorce docs in L.A. County Superior Court recently -- citing irreconcilable differences.

But here's the interesting part -- they share a 7-year-old son, who has type 1 diabetes. Melissa claims Shifty has no idea how to take care of a diabetic child, so she's demanding full legal and physical custody.

On top of that, Melissa claims Shifty has struggled with drug and alcohol addictions for a long time, and she fears he "would not create a suitable environment" for their son.

Melissa and Shifty -- real name Seth Binzer -- got married in 2002, but have been separated for nearly six years.

joey _ I love TMZ 'til ya piss me off!

ok, who? no seriously?

twilightmom

Oh Seth, I was so hoping you would be able to pull yourself together for your son. The two of you in the pool together during family day was too sweet
He's diabetic, and Melissa has a point. If you needed to provide help for your son if he were to develop problems related to his illness, would you be able to? Or would you be so f'd up or even passed out, that you wouldn't be there when he really needed you? Talk about guilt you would have, for the REST OF YOUR LIFE? That would never be forgotten.
You can do it Seth! Don't be another statistic!

andy

It was dark when I woke. This is a ray of susnihne.collezione hogan

Carvey

He's still alive? I'm truly amazed. I wish the guy the best, but I really thought he'd be dead by now.

Carvey

MightyMad 16 minutes ago

... Why do people still get marrried^

---

For love as well as to make are children "legitimate" in the eyes of society... and to guarantee that divorce lawyers can buy new yachts on a regular basis.

Carvey

MightyMad 16 minutes ago

... Why do people still get marrried^

---

Let me try this again...

For love as well as making our children "legitimate" in the eyes of society... and to guarantee that divorce lawyers can buy new yachts on a regular basis.

Superman

Who? Never heard of him.

Superman

MightyMad about an hour ago

... Why do people still get marrried^
=======================

Question should be...why do stupid, lame lowlifes simulate marriage and thus misrepresent what marriage is suppose to be?

omfg

Shifty can't take care of himself, so of course he can't take care of a child.

radicalred

I'm surprised that Melissa didn't file for divorce years ago. This is one situation where I wouldn't allow the child to be in the father's presence. Seth can't stay off the drugs. He's going to die sooner than later, and that's going to devastate the child. Protect him from the pain of watching his dad kill himself!

Home Skillet

MightyMad about an hour ago

... Why do people still get marrried^
=======================

It's an arcane practice that no more legitimizes the life of a child than perpetuates the myth that a child born out of wedlock is a bastard. Also? Let the gays marry.

Hotwheelz

Shifty who? who cares..................

S D M F

This dude is a mess! I saw him at Lightning In A Bottle trying to evade his handlers in Southern CA over Memorial Weekend. I took three pictures of him in his F*cked Up state before he saw me and quickly turned the other way.

He was being followed by 3 men who were trying to keep in under wraps and control but to no avail.

If you want to see the pics.....contact me!

mary

this lady tried so hard to get him help and stood by him for so long, she must have really loved him. she has been through hell ( caused by him). watching him on cel rehab and seeing him on celeb. sights, was pitiful. he was so into drugs and acted like he had not matured from 13yr. boy. i feel so sorry for the child and wife. the drugs are his first love and he will not stop until he is dead or in jail for a long time. before people get mad at me for printing this, he is not of the mindset to stop. and you cant make anyone stop only they decide to stop and his actions show he doesnt want to give it up.

Todd

I'm with you guys...Who? With a dumba@@ name like that I'm not even going to google it.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments