Saxophonist Clarence Clemons Suffers Stroke

6/13/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Clarence Clemons, legendary saxophonist for the E Street Band, has reportedly suffered a stroke.

Bruce Springsteen
Clemons, 69, is "said to be seriously ill after a stroke at his home in Florida," according to Showbiz411.com, who also says members of the E Street Band were "advised to get down to Florida as soon as possible" to see him.

Clemons had suffered from other ailments through the last few years, including double knee surgery -- but recently worked on Lady Gaga's new album and even performed with her on the finale of "American Idol" last month.

Story developing ...

MIDNIGHT TOKER

that dude could play the sax..hope he is okay...im sure bruce will be checking on him.

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Dammit. I hope he pulls through this, but based on experience with my own family members he won't be the same. Even if it was a TIA, which it probably wasn't. Best wishes to Clarence & his family.

Whamo

From the sounds of things I'm not sure if he's going to make it through this one and if he does I think he's going to be severely physically impaired.

Best wishes to him and his family!

Valerie

My husband and I have grown up with The Big Man. We even took my in-laws to see him once at a small club in Orange County. He played "Georgia on My Mind" especially for them and even took picts with us after the show. Just one of many special memories of Clarence. We hope and pray that he pulls through.

rene

According to one report, all members of the E Street Band have been told to get to Florida ASAP. Oh this is not good :(

rene

Please GOD do not take the Big Man from us...His work here is not done.

Something Else! Reviews

Best wishes going out to the Big Man! Get well soon!

Something Else! Reviews

mss

Prayers

Donna

You are the MAN Clarence! You are in my prayers and we love you!!! Please get well soon. God Bless.

God-Of-Lyf

Wait, WHO? Looks like someone has the case of the Mondays. Just Saying...

LBjim

Get well Big Man...God Bless You...

Angela

Prayers for ya Big Man!

Ziggy

Ahh I'm sorry to hear that. He's such an amazing player, and person. I hope he gets through this okay. My thoughts are with Clarence & his family. Get Well Big man.

Curious

A Great Great Sax Player!

Get well Clarence & God Bless You.

Roxanne Stones

I'm praying for you Clarence. You can beat this!!!
God Bless. Get well soon!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments