« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

NFL Player Allegedly DESTROYS Ex's Apartment

6/15/2011 12:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Atlanta Falcons cornerback Christopher Owens is under investigation in Georgia for allegedly smashing up his baby mama's apartment and dousing her most valuable possessions in bleach ... TMZ has learned.

0614_owens_police_report_ex_getty

Cops in Gwinnett County responded to the apartment Sunday night ... after Owens' ex-GF, LaTia Terry, claimed the NFL player entered the pad when she and their 9-month-old kid were out of the home ... and trashed the place. Sources connected to the incident tell us the two had a heated argument over their custody arrangement the night before.

According to the police report, obtained by TMZ, LaTia says 24-year-old Owens -- a 3rd round pick in the 2009 draft -- smashed holes in the wall, destroyed expensive electronics and even broke the baby's crib.

But worst of all, Owens allegedly grabbed handfuls of LaTia's valuable jewelry, designer clothes and pictures of the the former couple ... threw it all in a pile ... and drenched it with bleach -- ruining everything.

0614_wreckage_photos_WM

LaTia claims she lost several pairs of fancy $1,200 shoes in the bleaching ... and estimates her total loss to be around $15,000.

LaTia has obtained a restraining order against Owens -- but so far, he has not been charged with a crime.

Calls to Owens have not been returned.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

lisamorunning

What is it with black folks and bleach? Anytime they get mad at each other out comes the bleach. I don't any other ethnicity that does this. No I'm not racist, I am perplexed.

Janice

I'm very disturbed by his actions, especially trashing the baby crib, regardless of how you feel about the mom, taking your rage out in this way is frightening. Who's to say he wouldn't hurt the child if mad enough at the mom? I hope he is restricted to supervised visitation & court ordered to undergo psychiatric evaluation, parenting & anger management classes.

Krayon

That's usually a chick move. It's either a setup or he's a b*tch.

Jodi

That's the kind of thing women do. I can't see a man really doing this but you never know. I hope she didn't do it to herself hoping to get back at him in the worse way over some BS.

MsJules

Umm i find the photos a bit misleading....but how convient she is suing him for stuff that no doubtedly he paid for since lets be honest the broad doesn't work and he makes bank.. but seriously- in the pic of the lock- it is a mans hand- and some of the pics have dates and others don't... call me a synic but I bet she did all this on her own and is trying to frame him just to makea buck or for revenge.

Nostradamus

@ lisamorunning, was wondering the same thing, what's up with that?

MsRita

I have never heard of a man or woman pooring bleach on someones clothes. I think she did this herself trying to get full custody and more money. This just don't a man hand writting over it sounds like a woman.

IF YOU DON'T WANT A BABY MOTHER PUT A SOCK ON THE PEE PEE

CarolynAB

1) He has the presumption of innocence.
2) IF he is responsible, he should face charges for endangering the welfare of a minor, and felony charges.
3) How can this possibly aid the father in his custody dispute?

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

TAngel

I don't know what happened to make him so angry (alledgedly) but I really don't understand the people condemning her, asking what job she has and saying that she needs to work. Go into any of the thousands of gated communities across the United States and you will see women who do not work, they only take care of their children and live in comfort. Where are the calls for these women to "get a job"?? This woman has a child by a wealthy man who can afford to take care of her and the child. Why does she need to "get a job" when America is full of women who do not work, but take care of their men and children, just as this woman was probably doing. Food for thought.

big beam

I TELL YOU WHAT THE SAD PART IS...SOME OF YOU ACTUALLY THINK THE DUDE DID IT WITHOUT A SHRED OF PROOF...LOL!!!! I'M READING SOME OF THESE BITTER COMMENTS AND IT ABSOLUTELY AMAZES ME THAT SOME PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY ASSUMED HES GUILTY BECAUSE "SHE" SAID SO....LOL!!! NOW I KNOW YALL ARE SMART ENOUGH AND HAVE READ ENOUGH STORIES ABOUT CRAZY ASS BABY MOMMAS TO KNOW IT IS VERRRRRYYY POSSIBLE SHE DID THIS HERSELF JUST TO GET BACK AT HIM FOR WHAT EVER REASON LOL

bikerbrad

she leaves at 11:30 at night and returns at noon the next day. was he supposed to have visitation that morning? was she out scankin round? i think she did it to mess him up. 1200 dollar shoes! i think she's a money grabbin whore.

DADA BIG

The dad probaly did to be honest. Hes just trying to be stupid id he has a rep its gonna be gone.

candy

his girl had on black and gold and he was having a flash back to when they lost to the SAINTS last year!!! hahaahahahaha!

Heartless

This is sad.... she seriously needs her ass beat for lying

dave

thats my nephew, I know him pretty well, and I must say that this does'nt fit his style, Chris is the most giving,e-z going compassionate person I know 2day, please let's not jump 2 conclusions b4 an investigation is performed...gesssh, guess that's the American way huh?....guilty b4 charged...unbelievable

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments