Jennifer Lopez

I Might Not Return to 'Idol'

6/15/2011 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Just when "American Idol" seemed stable again ... Jennifer Lopez has announced she's "on the fence" about returning to the show next season ... because she's just so damn busy.

0615_jlo_BN_Getty_01

J.Lo explained the whole thing to BBC Radio -- saying, "I haven't been forced to make a decision and I'm glad about that because honestly I'm very on the fence about it."

Lopez added -- "I loved it, but I have a lot of other things happening, and it's going to come down to me making a choice of what I want to do for the next year."

One of those "other things" J.Lo is working on is her OWN singing competition show with hubby Marc Anthony -- called "Que 'Viva!: The Chosen". The show will focus on undiscovered vocal talent in Latin America.

FYI -- J.Lo reportedly made $12 MILLION for her role as a judge on AI this season.
0615_lopez_idol_footer

lily

Ok. Good.

James

This is good news. I love Jennifer, but she is a terrible judge. All she ever does is tell the contestants that their performance was amazing. Anybody can do that.

John

Translation: Thanks AI, I had dropped into oblivion and you helped bring my name back into the light. Those idiots at People magazine fell for it and named me the most beautiful. I have bigger and better things to do now. Oh, a 2 million dollar a year raise? Ok, I'll stay.

kp

she just told AI it's going to cost them more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for her to come back next year! 12 million isn't going to cut it

Sono

Yeah....sorry, but I just don't see her giving up the only source of attention that she's gotten in the past 5+ years. This is just more attention grabbing on her part. Good riddance.

stu

good! get off the block jenny.

Joe Alaina

Yeah, they should get rid of Jennifer. She is a horrible judge and her voice is grating whenever she speaks loudly. You can take Jennifer Lopez out of the Bronx but you can't take the Bronx out of Jennifer Lopez!

They should get Fergie to replace her. Anybody else agree?

mannequin

Whatever, don't let the screen door hit you on your way out.

janja

bye bye and take that little creep your married to as well

Sandra

I don't buy it!! I'm with Sono on this one!!

K-Dog

Too busy??? Too busy making crappy box-office flops or all-Spanish albums nobody listens to or buys? This diva needs a reality check.
Word.

will

she crazy ai made her more known know she want to leave never bite the hand that feeds u

grandmacc

Please don't return, we are tired of you and your showing off. I think your looooooooooong 15 minutes are up!!! Overexposed in more ways than one. Go home to your skinny little husband....

SantaFeJack

A transparent ploy to get a raise. As well as some publicity while AI is on hiatus.

Trump

I honestly think that she used AI to get back in the spotlight. I mean, what has she recently done that has got her a lot of attention? Not much! Now that everyone wants her and just so happened to release a brand new album during AI she's "too busy." Sad, I think Randy will be the only stable judge.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments