'Housewife' to Ex-Employee: You're the REAL Racist!

6/15/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Real Housewives of NYC" star Cindy Barshop is firing back at an ex-employee, who said she was canned because she's black -- claiming the employee is the REAL racist ... and it's killing business.

0615_cindy_EX

Barshop filed the suit today in NY on behalf of her spa company Completely Bare -- claiming ex-employee Altovise Collier wasn't fired because she's black ... she was fired because she sucked at her job.

Barshop then turns the tables on Collier, accusing HER of being the real racist -- "In an effort to mask her own deficient work performance and serial on the job screw-ups, Collier, in a racist fashion, asserts that her race, national origin and skin color were the basis for her termination."

Barshop claims Collier only worked for CB for two and a half months -- and was fired over "disciplinary and other work performance problems, including client complaints."

Collier originally sued Barshop last week -- claiming she was the target of racial discrimination in the workplace.

But according to Barshop, Collier's suit is nothing more than a "defamatory campaign" to ruin her professional reputation -- and she wants at least $5,000,000 to settle the score.

kcv

I don't know Cindy, but as a watcher of the show (I hate to admit that,lol) and a black woman....there's nothing about her that makes me think "racist." Also, I agree, she wouldn't have hired your ignorant ass if she was racist!
P.S. (to obama'saracist)
No, I am not "African American"...I'm Black (really light brown)and American! "African Americans" are black and white, and came from Africa. Sure my descendents were African, but unfortunately due to slavery most Blacks in America have NO idea where their true roots are.

kim

what a bunch of idiots... like the woman cant be a racist because she hired the black lady... most whites are racist, some hide it better than others. i cant believe a idiot would say "oh shes not racist because she hired her" what is she suppose to say .. oh we dont hire blacks.. not in this day and age .. not like back in the olden days,, that aint going on now.. and the race card needs to be played because it is STILL going on! And because black folks call it damn sure dont mesn they are playing a damn race card...what hasppen to the TRUTH?? smdh!!

noneofyourbusiness

Kim, I would like for you to back up your claim with facts and stats that "most whites are racist." I would be very interested if you base that on facts, data, interviews you have done, etc. Or, are you just basing it on your total and complete ignorance? Just curious.

kim

@Alyssa.. Thats the problem , some of these people only see what blacks do... they dont see what they do.. i see it and its a lot of it! I was suprised to leasrn Etta James says Minnesota fats was her father and her mother had her at 14 .. that was rape and they said he paid her family to keep it a secret because he was caucasian .. man i tell you the secret mess that goes on .. but let white folks tell it only blacks do trasshy crap... look in the mirror.. big ole truthful mirror and look into their lives and can they actually really and truly say they arent racist! they kill me with this blacks playing the race card crap.. how about blacks telling the truth!! thats what that is!! seen too much of it! But i was stunned to hear of a white man fathering a kid with a blakc woman (girl) and denying it but paying her family to hus hu***** up! kinda like that Stromm thurman crap!

kim

@noneofyour business.. since you address me i will answer you once and thats it..i will not go back and forth with on here,, i have my reasons and i will tell you what i have and its all that i nedd LIFE.. LIVING LIFE and seeing LIFE . i dont need damn stats.. which i dont belives and damn way.. stats dont know all the people .. so so much for that! Please refrain from commenting to me... LIFE is where i get my facts from and of course .. MY LYING EYES ( smdh) thats all i need . later! so like your screen name .. noneofyourbusiness!

Kia

Being discriminated against is not a card. It is STILL a reality!!! No one knows the truth behind this story and I am shocked and disappointed by the statements made here.

410

1. Maybe her assistant hired her. 2. Racism is still alive but in a different form and fashion. 3. The race card get pulled to often but you can't through it out do to TRUE facts. 4. Been there done that , 8 out of 10 you will always have a white Boss . 5. Say what you want but they rather have a white person in a position of power. 6. White ppl have a tendency to grade race but what one indv does. 7. Racist probaly not but was her Boss a ******* yes. Just they way it is , move on or start your own ****.

Lisa

First of all, For you people to say that "blacks" pull the race card, you white people pull the I'm white and always right card as well. None of us were there to see the situation, so we can't judge off of what we hear. When WHITES say things like, blacks are lazy and blah, blah, blah, you are judging a whole race upon 1 person.

Racism still exist. Will always exist. So for those who are too ignorant to see that, I feel sorry for you.

kim

Go back to History.. was the race card played back then .. white and black washrooms , water fountains, you blacks can entertain us on stage but you have to come and go thru the back door.. oh i could go on and on but its irrelevant..;;we know how we and our race were treated and are still to a certain degree! I dont have to go into all the low down treatment just because of a differner skin color, but i will sat this.. think about all that nonsense you holler about "not all wbites" when i wish i had a dollar for how many times my race was judged by a WHOLE RACE! oh we dont want those blacks in out neighborhood( OUR NEIGHBORHOOD) those blacks , the blacks, anyway if i had a dollar i would be a billionaire as we speak!

kim

@Lisa.. you make more sense than anyone on here,your comment is right on par... to many times blacks are being judged as a whole race.. even on here, here they come with the blacks glamorize drugs and all that crap.. i know blacks who dont even smoke cigarettes ler alone drugs, but yet i know whites who do meth, smoke weed, smoke crack and murder , rtape perverts, child molestors and all kinds of low down dirty things,, but they always bring out drugs, babys mamas, and welfare, watermelon and things on blacks.. like white folks arent babys mamas and babys daddy... marriage doesnt make you better than anothe r.. lots of times it just shows what crap they are willing to take to keep from being alone! My hat goes off to all the strong black women raising kids alone.. not all but some because i know its hard and you are one race of women who do it and thats more than i can say about another race of women.. raising a kid alone . HUH!!

noneofyourbusiness

Yeah.....just like you judge white people on their whole race. How does that work? You don't want to defend your ignorant comment with real facts....just "life", right? What a joke. Saying "you white people pull the I'm white and always right card as well" says a lot about you. I think the racist one is YOU.

ElleM

Altovise Collier is a CON ARTIST!

I'm a Spa Coordinator at Completely Bare Spa in New York City, and I was a friend of hers from the day she was hired until the day Page Six debuted her article. I work Front Desk so I know exactly how many clients loved her and how many didn't. And in this business of very sensitive and private services, Tovi had a few too many clients who hated her work. I had grown comfortable enough with her to schedule a brazilian wax with her and I thought she had torn my vagina lips off it was so painful!

She was fired because her attitude was ****; she was paranoid and thought all the girls had it out for her (when really she didn't make the smallest effort to branch out and allow people to like her). Her claims of racism are absolute bull**** and any level headed person can see that. I'm of mixed decent (Cuban, Jamaican and Native American)as are MANY of the employees that work at the spas here in NY as well as across the country. Tovi is spreading lies about Cindy Barshop and Completely Bare Spas. It's disgusting and insulting and I'm sorry I was ever her friend.

REALLY?!

SMH at this comments, which some of yall should be ASHAME of yourselves.--IGNORANCE IS BLISS!! Maybe in this case, racism wasnt the reason for her termination (Who knows and who really cares).... but racism still LIVES naive people. Im just gonna pray.

REALLY?!

@angiediego really B!!!???? Blacks are the most racist? And they nothing but drug users and "baby mamas"? lls. Get the f*ck out here with that bullsh*t.

Sweetrose781

Why is is so hard to believe that issues like racism still exist? It's really not if you think about it... Most of the comments that I've read have been horrible! Nick basically implied that if not all then most black people are uneducated and have poor speaking skills. To even think about writing a comment like that is beyond me! And to even say that black people use the race card anytime a situation goes sorry...is baloney! I know plenty of black people that have no problem owning up to their actions. Stop speculating on matters you know nothing of! Many of your comments just show how ignorant some of you people are!