Ryan Dunn -- Autopsy Underway

6/20/2011 3:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the Chester County Coroner is currently conducting an autopsy on Ryan Dunn ... to determine, among other things, if alcohol played a role in the "Jackass" star's death.

Ryan Dunn Cause of Death
In addition, we're told the coroner is performing an autopsy on Ryan's unidentified passenger -- who was also killed in the fatal car crash this morning.

As we previously reported, friends claim Ryan had upwards of six drinks before getting behind the wheel ... and driving off a Pennsylvania highway.

So far, no word on when toxicology results will be released.

Megan

I was 13 when jackass came out, So it was a big deal the whole time I was growing up,Its so sad He lost his life so pointlessly :( I'd just like to point out that even though alot of you consider what he did on tv to be stupid and pointless (even though he made a fortune) and even though he drove while drinking putting other peoples lives in danger, He was someones son, friend, family.... What if he was one of your loved ones, would you still say he deserved to die? NONE of you are perfect, we all make mistakes, This is a sad day for a lot of people, yet people on the internet feel like they have some right to judge everyone on everything they do, Never would any of you ever say any of this to his friends/family in person. Reading all of these disgusting post makes me lose faith in humanity. Rest In Peace Ryan!

jack

Maybe everyone on here should stop speculating and wait for the final result of the autopsy and blood tests? RIP to the driver and passenger.

chris

They never said who was driving did they? It couldve even been the other guy?

Scott

Mel you idiot respect is earned the only thing this azzhat earned was a one way ticket to heaven or hell. What he avoided was manslaughter charges by dying.

Get over your loss read the facts and stfu as with all the other supporters I notice you did not even mention the innocent passenger in your rip?

BRO ME!

Superfroggie

EXCUSE ME....with all the cash and resources and he drove after drinking, I love the guy BUT his own demise, when will people learn, does'nt matter who you are you drink and drive you stand a good chance of killing yourself and someone else too...OMG, his passenger died, I've got more feelings for the passenger. IMPORTANT MESSAGE to all STARS....get a limo, a taxi or an alternate driver...or you may DIE...R.I.P. you shall be missed.

LR

@Megan- as a matter of fact, I am perfect. Why just last night I turned water into beer and sold it to a couple of jackasses at the bar...

Scott

LR we need you in Canada STAT!!!!!!!!

jenn

The passenger was a guy by the name of Zach Hartwell

LR

Scott- get your government to go a little easy on those immigration laws and I'm there. Best comedy in the world (and hockey) comes out of Canada!

lvslezak

A lot of people who are blaming him because he did something stupid - drink and drive - probably need to look in the mirror... do you or a loved one smoke? if so, would you want us to say awful sh*t about you or your family member when one of you die of cancer, like "you deserved it cause you knew smoking kills". or are you overweight and spend too much time eating fast food? maybe then, when you get diabetes or have a heart attack, we should laugh at you because it was your own fat dumbazz fault! all i'm tryin to say is don't try and be holier than thou. drinking...smoking...speeding...overeating... we almost all have vices that will ultimately lead to our demise. and on a side note - his passenger wasn't innocent...he knew the risks of riding with someone intoxicated, and he accepted that risk.

Scott

supersniffy

Darwin was right!!

Scott

I am so sorry LR but I am working on legalising pot atm but if u need a sponser let me know :)

LR

Scott- damn! well, at least you are busy working on other noble pursuits- good luck!

noella

A jackass until the end, congrats!