Ryan Dunn

Bam Margera's Morbid Death Prediction

6/23/2011 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Five years before Ryan Dunn was killed in a violent car crash, Bam Margera predicted the "Jackass" star's death in eerily specific detail -- claiming, "He's gonna eat it one of these times [in a car accident]."

0622_bam_ryan_launch_ex

Bam -- along with several cast members from his MTV show "Viva La Bam" -- made the grim prediction while recording the DVD commentary for Season 5 back in 2006.

According to the commentary, Dunn was involved in SEVERAL car accidents over the years -- but Bam's mom claimed, "He'll never learn his lesson."

Another "Bam" cast member added, "I have [Ryan] in the death pool ... for death by vehicle."

In this specific episode, Ryan races Bam's Lamborghini in a limousine -- and after Ryan loses, Bam claims, "[the limo] blew up just like every other f**king car he has."

Mitchell Wiggs

If an someone drinks and drives, and thinks its funny to take pictures of shots he's doing at the bar before getting behind the wheel, and all of his "FRIENDS" don't even do anything to try and stop him from driving his Porsche after downing said shots, isn't it predictable that he's going to crash eventually? That would be like playing catch with a handgun and expecting it to not ever go off, and then when it does everyone gets mad. Why didn't someone step in and take the gun, or in this case the keys? Everyone cares now after he's dead and killed his passenger, but nobody cared when he was alive or they were all leaving the bar that night.

truthfullness

never predict death, in most cases it will be happen the way you thought sooner or later.

mm1

@DieselsJezebel, thanks for showing us your ability to read Ebert's mind and know what he meant by his tweet. To bad Montel doesn't have a show any more or you could show the whole world your psychotic abilities.

Oh, wait I meant psychic abilities, but you knew that right?

And on another point, cigarettes have actually not been proven to kill innocent 2nd hand smokers, of course just what a 2nd hand smoker is I am not sure but I ASSume you meant that the 2nd hand smoke kills innocent non-smokers, which again has not been scientifically proven.

Kassie

Good people make bad decisions every single day. It doesn't mean they deserve to die some horrific death. None of you should be sitting in judgment. Unless you are a perfect person which we all know is not true, you shouldn't cast the first stone. Shame on you for being so hateful. Their families lost their sons. You are nobody to pass judgement.

Ryan Dunn is not the first person to drink and drive. Not condoning drinking and driving, but how about some compassion for their families. I hate what the internet has become, a bunch of anonymous no name no faced cowards who think they have some inherent right to be hateful about some other person's choices and losses.

Northern Lights

All I know is MTV is going to do all they can to push this under the rug, they sure as heck don't want the bad PR. Funny when the BAC results came out yesterday, they pulled Ryan from the top headline of the homepage and threw him at the very bottom... and ONLY regarding the Ebert tweet.

Personally, the jackass brand needs to be GONE. Bye, bye, forever. I know I won't allow my kids to watch MTV if they continue with the Jackass brand.... kids look up to these retards and drunk driving + 140mph is NOT what I want my kids to idolize and think is "cool". Especially because I don't want to bury my kid and his/her friend, too.

I am just DISGUSTED with this Jackass brand, I never want to see them again, or watch ANYTHING that these retards have tied to them. Really sad, b/c I was a fan for #1 and #2. I saw #3, but not #3.5. Whats even more ironic is that I went to high school with Chris Pontius in high school in San Luis Obispo and sat right next to him in class, he was a REAL cool dude. Funny as hell, witty, sweet. But, all that doesn't change my stance on MTV and the Jackass brand now. The bottom line is kids lookup to celebrities and especially MTV at the pre-teen/teen/college ages. Drunk driving & death are NOT role models.

Moral of the story: take a shopping cart next time.

John

nice what a good set of friends.... maybe they should have stepped in and not promote it??

DieselsJezebel

@sleepd, if you would have read my posting I acknowledge that 2 people who criticized my English was wrong, and I posted that. Perhaps you too should apologize as you wrote the word aliteration and the correct spelling is alliteration. Consider this a lesson in English. However, I forgive you as you may not be American.

Secondly you allow yourself to interpret Ebert's comments,, yet not mine. My position and it will remain until you can prove it wrong is that Alcohol and Cigarettes do kill and the government should make them illegal.

Now in reference to my not being an American, I am very much an American,:” decades ago” perhaps before you were born or in another county America commenced by the immigrants who came here.

Rochelle

Why do people keep referring to this as a mistake, getting wasted, getting behind the wheel, going WELL over the legal speed limit, these arent mistakes, these were choices, do you really think no one ever told this guy drinking and driving is bad. This wasnt a mistake it was a murder/suicide, a mistake is forgetting to call your grandmother on her birthday. Its like saying osama bin laden made a mistake or a poor decision when he bombed the towers. Get a grip!

Superman

And yet, these lowlifes act like they want to blame something or someone else!!! Way to take responsibility for your actions.

srsly

wow people really make excuses for this douche? really? wow.

did us all a favor by not taking out innocent people when he died his easily predictable death. he could have so easily killed kids or some child's parents or someone who made a contribution to the world. good riddance.

have higher standards for people than "he was having fun!!!" living solely for yourself or for fun is a pretty sad way to live.

DieselsJezebel

MM1
I was not interpreting Ebert’s comments I solely went on what he tweeted, you guys on the other hand are “interpreting” that his comments meant Ryan Dunn was at fault – but it doesn’t read like that. Ebert is indicating that the “friends” should not have let him drink and drive. I don’t see where he is saying “Ryan Dunn was a Jackass for driving his friend while drinking and driving” , I would agree with you at that point, but that’s is not what he wrote.

Ok now I really have to get back to work!

Sundae

Just because he was a moron doesn't mean he wasn't loved. He ****** up and he's dead. His passenger also made a mistake by getting in his car, and he is also dead. The both paid the ultimate price for making a mistake.
Yes, no one should drive drunk.
But that doesn't mean he wasn't loved by his family and friends.
You can be the biggest jacka$$ in the world, and someone will still love you and still mourn you when you die.
I hope his death teachs someone a lesson. I hope that's his legacy for someone. And I hope his friends and family find peace.

irishcurls75

Contributory Negligence: It applies to cases where a plaintiff, Claimant has, through his own negligence,contributed to the harm he suffered. The tortfeasor may still be held liable if he had the last clear chance to prevent the injury (the last clear chance doctrine). UMM this means when you have been drinking in a bar with a friend and know that they have consumed x amounts of drinks and you STILL get in the car with them. You contribute to your own suffering. Yes this law does hold up. As I said I was almost killed in 1995 from a drunk driver who was supposedly sober. My hospital bill was still paid but that took three years to happen. Basically you get in the car with someone drinking and driving you get in at your own risk and accord and what happens well you may not get any kind of restitution. *Just to put that out there for people calling Dunn a murderer. It's called take the keys, do whatever but certainly don't jump in the car with them. Yet another bad choice made that night.

Rochelle

as far as changeing the liquor laws, i sort o****ree, although not with doing away with it completely as there are a lot of responsible law abiding people who enjoy a glass of wine or a beer without hurting or affecting society in any way, however there should be no legal limit, and the first time your caught you should have your liscence taken away for at least five years.

DieselsJezebel

You are correct it is 2nd hand smoke, however you are incorrect that 2nd hand smoke does not kill

The World Health Association which is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
Here is an excerpt from their article:

The World Health Organization (WHO) has determined that approximately six hundred thousand people around the world die as a result of inhaling second hand smoke every single year. http://www.mentalhealthdirectory.org/secondhand-smoke-kills/ .

Geez commentating can be addicting. I like to debate because in doing so you may be wrong and learn from others. Could you please prove my statements wrong based on facts?