Country Singer Glen Campbell: I Have Alzheimer's

6/22/2011 11:08 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Country singer Glen Campbell -- famous for his hit "Rhinestone Cowboy" -- revealed in an recent interview he's battling Alzheimer's Disease.

Glen Campbell

The 75-year-old Grammy winner confirmed the diagnosis to People.com -- saying he plans to schedule his final live performances this fall ... to say "farewell" to his fans.

Campbell adds -- "I still love making music. And I still love performing for my fans. I'd like to thank them for sticking with me through thick and thin."

cheryl

That's sad.

Hoopee

"I am a lineman for the ...." wait who was I a lineman for again?

Observer

Sorry to hear Glen. You wrote some songs that will last far beyond your stay here.

Thanks for the contributions you've made to music and entertainment.

Be well.

Crickett

Let me get this straight. Sh'e's an alcoholic and difficult, so it's okay to beat the bitch???

Truth

I KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS DUDE...

Shawn's Great Great Grandmother.

By the time I get to Phoenix...I'll think it's Milwaukee.

Kabala

Is that what you call it?

Kabala

hello everyone,click off.

Air jordan(1-24)shoes FREE

Handbags(Coach l v f e n d i d&g) FREE

New updates, really poor quality
We accept no payment.
Shipping only $250.00
You must miss it!
Thank you!

somewhere in Texas

Very sad news. His contribution to the country music world is one of the greatest. Many, many wonderful songs.

Lake

Yeah, I was ready to go with "By the time I get to...uh, er....kitten? book? shoe?......I'll be droolin...."

He can probably play music for a while to come. Faculties fall away in layers and slivers.

and Wichita Lineman, there are so many opportunities.

I'd be joking if I had Alzheimer's. Friend of mine got it in her early 50s, that's much more cruel than this. Aunt had dementia. Often worse for witnesses than for the afflicted.

slammer

I'll hear you singing in the wire.
I will still hear you through the whine.
And the Wichita Lineman will stay on the line.

ms870

I doubt very highly that those words came out of his mouth! "If you think you have Alzheimer's you don't". People don't know they have it. Do some research first!

If sense were common everyone would have it.

Damn. Depending on what stage he's in, the newer drugs may be able to slow the progression, but that's it. Supposedly a drug still being tested even showed a slight reversal of memory loss in a small number of patients, but I don't think it's been approved yet.

mannequin

Sad to hear, I guess it's something we all will have to fear one day. Your music will still speak for you Glen.

MommaU

I'm sorry to hear about Glen. Regardless of whether you think someone is "good" or "bad," nobody should have to have their mind be eaten away by this disease nor should anybody have to see a loved one go through Alzheimer's. My mother died at the ripe old age of 95 of this devastating disease. Those of you who are making jokes about this disease have no idea what its like for the family of people who have Alzheimer's. I pray you never have to go through anything like that. I wouldn't wi***** on my worst enemy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments