NBC Weathergirl Caught 'Dissing' Al Roker on Live TV

6/24/2011 8:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Today's forecast ... DRAMA!!!!!

0624_weather_girl_diss_launch

Local NBC weathergirl Elita Loresca issued an apology live on the air this morning ... after she was caught talking "smack" about Al Roker when she thought her microphone was off.

Loresca said Roker was "such a kook."

She later was clearly forced to deliver a painfully awkward apology.

But here's the deal -- there's nothing wrong with what she said ... AND ... Al is kind of a kook, right?

UPDATE: Al finally tweeted ... apparently, all is forgiven. "So Elita Loresca of KNBC called me a kook during a cut in. I know Elita. She was joking. And some mornings I am kooky. No big whoop."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

FlamingoNut

I wouldn't call that a diss whatsoever. The man is a kook, and there's a hell of a choice of other words to use. Such a non issue...

Muppet

They made a big deal out of nothing!

RALPH 714

AL ROKER, FOREVER RIDING THE FAT ROLLER COASTER. STRANGE FELLA, HE IS A KOOK, YOU CAN'T TRUST SOMEONE THAT CHANGES SHAPES SO OFTEN :)

jenna

why apologize? if that's what she feels, say it. this political correctness has to stop. she's right by the way-he's a kook

spellbinderlord

Yup, a nobody insulting someone famous, real newsworthy stuff!

Buddah

All I see is a pair of boobs.

Aunt Ann

You'd think when another person is in control of weather your microphone is live a person would know to keep her tongue.

Home Skillet

I bet Al's been called worse before. I love you, Al. You and I both know this ain't no big deal.

Aunt Ann

*whether

Ih8Taxes

Wow, she has a nice rack! I'd much rather watch her than Al Roker.

Stiletto

I hope she is just pregnant...otherwise there are some "all-you-can-eat" restaurants being put out of business.

Abe

Elita can blame it on the hormonal imbalance caused by her pregnancy.

And I do agree with her, Al Roker is a super kook!

x

MONIQUE

If Al would've call her a kook all HELL would break loose. So too all you Fu***** HATERS ON AL KISS HI BIG WIDE AZZ

Superman

Who would be offended other than Al Roker and NBC executives?!?!

I'm offended her boobs are ogling my eyes.

BTW, that apology didn't look "awkward" at all.

Tori_B.

Being called a kook would be a compliment for Al Roker. He looks like a burnt turd. Not to mention he looks like the retarded California Raisin that wasn't allowed to join The California Raisin Band. Or you could say he looks like ghetto Mr. Potato Head...There's a million things she could have said about him...but a kook? WTF-ever. NEXT!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments