NBC Weathergirl Caught 'Dissing' Al Roker on Live TV

6/24/2011 8:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Today's forecast ... DRAMA!!!!!

0624_weather_girl_diss_launch

Local NBC weathergirl Elita Loresca issued an apology live on the air this morning ... after she was caught talking "smack" about Al Roker when she thought her microphone was off.

Loresca said Roker was "such a kook."

She later was clearly forced to deliver a painfully awkward apology.

But here's the deal -- there's nothing wrong with what she said ... AND ... Al is kind of a kook, right?

UPDATE: Al finally tweeted ... apparently, all is forgiven. "So Elita Loresca of KNBC called me a kook during a cut in. I know Elita. She was joking. And some mornings I am kooky. No big whoop."

ketjo

So !!!!!
He is !

Jeffrey Bradley

Gee, she has been in FHM, this seems a little like some self promoting. For her AND the station.

Dragon Tattoo

I don't see the big deal. She was just being playful like she said.

josh

She is a joke. She isn't any weatherman, she's got a stupid cert in broadcast weather....ugh...stereotypical weathergirl...dumb w/boobs...

lisatxss

Calling Al a kook is nothing to apologize for. I'm sure if someone went thru all the Today show tape you would find all Today Show people Matt, Al, Katie, Merith, Ann etc names.
Funny about the tune stuck in her head.

Puckett

Jesus is Al Roker so thin skinned he demanded they make her apologize on air, or is this just stupid PC damage control by brain dead NBC execs who are terrified Al might have been offended?

NEWFLASH NBC jackasses, Al is a kook. It's not an insult it's just what he is, kooky.

LauraK

Wow, this is real breaking stuff here!!

So yeah, calling someone a 'kook' is definitely pretty low on my 'diss-o-meter'.

Waste of TMZ space.

Donovan

I think being called a kook is a compliment, it means you are crazy fun, outside the box.

Dave

Oh, please. My weather man is always talking smack about Al. Why they gotta pick on her?

Abe

Weathergirl? Seriously? WeatherGIRL, Harvey?

For a site that is always on top of any slight against gay people, it amazes me you could be so utterly sexist by calling Elita a Weather"girl."

Please change your reference.

x

TMZ dont like me

Dayyyyummmm!! She is fine!! I would much rather look at her juggs than Al's ugg-mug, any day of the week!! If she called him a racial slur then it woulda been a much bigger deal. But Al really is a kook though...

O'Brien

Non-story...

How about those Winklebrats?

St James III

I AM SO SICK OF EVERYBODY APOLOGIZING FOR SEOMTHING LATELY. IF ONE MORE PERSON APOLOGIZES FOR SOMETHING I'M GONNA SCREAAMM!!!!!!!! AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moveover

I thought she was being overly kind. He's an annoying moron! I can't stand watching people (like Roker) who THINK they're funny but aren't. I change the channel every time he comes on.

electriczipper

she should have done the apology topless
then I would forgive her