NBC Weathergirl Caught 'Dissing' Al Roker on Live TV

6/24/2011 8:39 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Today's forecast ... DRAMA!!!!!

0624_weather_girl_diss_launch

Local NBC weathergirl Elita Loresca issued an apology live on the air this morning ... after she was caught talking "smack" about Al Roker when she thought her microphone was off.

Loresca said Roker was "such a kook."

She later was clearly forced to deliver a painfully awkward apology.

But here's the deal -- there's nothing wrong with what she said ... AND ... Al is kind of a kook, right?

UPDATE: Al finally tweeted ... apparently, all is forgiven. "So Elita Loresca of KNBC called me a kook during a cut in. I know Elita. She was joking. And some mornings I am kooky. No big whoop."

Anne

hahaha...funny. i liked the singing as well.

lisa

She used to be one of the weather girls in Miami where I live. Her fake boobs were way too big. She looked stupid.

elguapo

al roker looks weird! didn't he get his stomach stapled?
He doesnt look healthy.
He should have lost the weight the right way, exercising!

missy

she is disrespectful and should know that the mic might be on. shes the kook and stupid, and disrespectful. there are not all young people watching tv ...the older generation i know appreciates his upbeat and good natured self. (your good friend..ha..you just got caught)!!!

some guy

I'm sorry, but when I hear someone say: "My People!", they should either be parting the Red Sea or leading me in civil acts of disobedience. Srsly, is Al starting to look like Gandhi?

Illinois person

It's Sam Champion over at GMA that's beyond annoying. Can't stand his very irratating laugh. Any time he's own, bang goes the remote.

Illinois person

PS, this coming from someone who looks like Snookie?

Sandra

So what!! Much ado about nothing!!

ManiacalZebra

Good for him to realize that there are far worse things to be called than a kook, especially when you occasionally are one.

Victoria

SHE'S 33 HOLY SH**!!! No way looks 43...

LindaJay

I've said it before, Al Roker is such a class act. I love his response. With a few graceful words he let her and the whole world know that all is well, relax. What a laid-back, generous, not-easily-ruffled guy.

Raejean

Yeah, he's kooky all the way to fame and fortune, and you're not, little nobody weather girl.

It's one of the nicer and more noteworthy things about him, and he is obviously gentleman enough to take it as the compliment it really is.

If she intended it otherwise, nobody cares what she intended.

joecrabs

why should she have to apologize for that? People are going to G D far with this M F political correct B S!!! F U!!

Lizzard

Al Roker is a BIG, (no pun intended) Phoney. I have been to the Today Show and he does not act like that when the camera is off, in fact, he did not talk to one person while the camera was off and the second the camera went on air he put on his phoney KOOKY act. I was soooo turned off by it and never have felt the same about him or the show. Who Cares anyway?

deborah mcdermott

al roker is not a kook he is the sweetest man. i remember when my sister, mother, my niece and me went to nyc and was outside where the today show was filming and it was real cold that day and Al Roker came up to us and took the time to shake our hand and pose for pictures. that really made my day, i came away with such a admiration for Al till this day i will never forget his kindness. thanks Al so much, your the greatest!!!!