« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

L.A. Lakers -- We'll Give 'Peace' a Chance!

6/25/2011 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The Los Angeles Lakers organization is totally down with World Peace ... telling TMZ the team is "happy to accommodate" Ron Artest's proposed name change.

0624_world_peace_getty_ex

A rep for the team tell us changing Ron's jersey from "Artest" to "World Peace" by next season shouldn't be a problem ... because there is still plenty of time to get that done.

Of course, the team also claims they had no idea about Ron's plan -- which comes as no shock since Ron himself went on TMZ Live and admitted he didn't even tell his wife about the name change ... until TMZ broke the story.

Peace out.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

wisey

I like it

DADDY

HAHA that's right ron ron aka metta world peace

Ghost

Metta-MORON....

static

Enough with this story already.

Arthur Hernandez

Stop trying to be the new debbis rodman of the NBA!! World peace huh! isnt this the same guy that went into the audience and was punching out people!! so much for world peace! This guy is a joke now! stop worrying about your name and worry about getting your point average up. . . . This is just his way of getting attention because he wasnt getting it on the court!! as we all can see by the way he played last season. . .

Ronald Jensen

Cool ! I think to enhance his cool new name he should get a huge grill, solid gold with lots of multicolored jewels, some nice full face tat's and he could start wearing hubcaps for earrings. Oh and Ala Flavor Flav instead of a regular clock he could get a huge grandfather clock. I mean, we need to complete his narcissism. Just think about how his message and pictures would spread all over the world spreading the world peace thingy.

BW

RETARD, that's a better name for you ron

vickie lee

WORLDPEACE? OMG, even our jock's are turning into wimp's.

croc

and he thinks that wars will stop and people will love each other because he changed his name to worldpeace?
why doesnt he change his name to- 'poor peeps need mo money.
please find me a job.' he is a moron.
and unicorns fart rainbows when world peace happends.

Marthanazz

I buy almost everything except food and clothing from online
auctions.Most people aren't aware of the almost unbelievable deals that they can get from online auction sites.

The site that has the best deals is hTtp://bit.ly/savedmore

and I checked with the Better Business Bureau and was told that it is all legit.

How they can sell gift cards, laptops, cameras, and all kinds of
goodies that we all want for 50-90% off, I don't know. I do know that
I bought my son an iPad there for less than $100 and my husband a $250 Loews gift cards for $48.

Why would I even think about shopping anyplace else?

James R. - Los Angeles

That is SOOO GAY!

sst0026@yahoo.com

One Metta Idiot

djdavis

like i always say, and its just fact, and NO i am not a racist, just a realist.......ITS GOING TO TAKE ANOTHER HUNDRED YEARS. before these clowns are civilized. this is the stupidest thing i have every heard. perfect example you give these clowns too much money and they just do more and more wasteful stupid things, instead of changing your name, GO GET AN EDUCATION AND DO THE SAME FOR THE REST OF YOUR PEOPLE

bah

WTF are you talking about djdavis? People change their names everyday! How big of an negative idiot douche can you possibly be to want to **** on something that comes from a positive place. How does Ron Artest wanting world peace, regardless of how he conveys it, hurt you in anyway? I'm sure you are the epitome of a square so I'll keep my comments as simple and to the point as possible so I don't lose you. And by square I mean, lame, naive, cowardly, ignorant punk. Why do racist people always say, "Oh I'm not racist", right before they say some racist ****? Ron Artest probably plays in the NBA because your racist forefathers killed the slaves they felt were too intelligent for their own good and bread the ones that were the strongest. I'm really not buying this whole white people are oh so smart ****. Its post like yours that clearly negate that. I just see a tremendous amount of smart-dumb mother******* who go through life living in a bubble, brainwashed into believing they are Gods and every other race is inferior. How the **** are you the chosen ones when you can't even enjoy the Sun without fear of skin cancer. Although it is pleasantly ironic that the ozone-layer your people ****** up, allows in more of the ultraviolet rays from the sun that will ultimate kill your smart-dumb-ass. Let me ask you this dj dumb-ass, Is your favorite white sports athlete a uncivilized clown because he or she plays whatever sport for a living and spends their millions on cocaine and orgies? Probably not, your two-faced double-standard ass can't see past your own long-ass pointy nose to see you convict black people of the same things you give white people accolades for. It is truly mind-boggling how infinitely ignorant you guys are to how you've ****** things up for everyone... including yourselves...

bah