Michael Jackson's Death

Two Years Later

6/25/2011 6:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Today is the two-year anniversary of Michael Jackson's death -- and the saga has played out like a soap opera about betrayal, jealousy, love, greed and redemption.

0625_mj_timeline_launch
When TMZ broke the news, it triggered a flood of stories about Jackson's struggles with drugs, the doctors who enabled him, the mystery surrounding his death,  a little known drug called propofol, a family war against Michael's estate, a full court press to erase Michael's debt, and a posthumous marketing campaign to rival Elvis.

Take a look at TMZ's timeline from the moment we found something was terribly wrong with Michael.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Carmen

Michael Jackson will not be forgotten.

This is not adoration, this is joy, and thankfulness for what he gave to us.

We love you sweet King!

You are a beautiful colourful soul and we can hear your voice in the tree tops.

myliverhurts

The radio was playing MJ tunes today @ work.

RIP Michael Jackson

Qbee

Thank you Michael for every breath you gave to this world. Your childlike imagination THRILLED US and your childlike heart made the world a much better place.

You really did make the world a better place while you were here and much more exciting while doing it and for that we will be forever grateful. You were an awsome King <3

NADAALI

25 June is the saddest day of all time and will be unforgettable because it remembers us that the most popular person and the greatest humanitarian left this earth..He is not here in body but his spirit live with us so strongly
R.I.P HERO.

sc341

R.I.P. Michael Jackson, when I heard your songs playing on the radio today in honor of you it brought me back to 1970 when I first heard your sweet voice on the radio. Memories of the Jackson's television shows and music when I was a teenager and the Off The Wall and Thriller era when I was a young 20 something.

You are still missed a lot.

Sandra

We love you Michael, yesterday and forever. You are THE KING!!!

mj fan forever

MICHAEL I MISS YOU EVERY DAY MORE AND I JUST WISH YOU WERE HERE!!! IT'S UNACCEPTABLE AND PAINFUL!!! I LOVE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FOREVER AND EVER!!! YOU WILL BE LOVED FOREVER!!!

natasha

RIP MJ

lala

TMZ U SUCK!

Kaveman

Who cares about this LOSER named MJ? Alway*****ed the guy, ALWAYS!

Wishes

Poor Michael. He hated being black. He dyed his skin, changed his features to those of a white person. So desperate to be white. But he was SO talented.

Anna

Michael Jackson's legacy will live forever and will shine brighter than any star in the sky. RIPMJ we love you more!

Ingrid

For those of you who say: "Michael, I hate you!", Michael would answer: "I love you".
For those of you who say "Michael, I love you!", Michael would say: "I love you more".
May God be with you Michael...

Pegasus

Loving & Missing You Still Michael

But your Love Shines through Your Children and Us (Your Fans) for the World to see - like a Ray of Sunshine. You were a Blessing to the World and to Mankind - we will strive to seek justice for you and to honor and keep your memory & legacy alive for all generations to come. You will NEVER be forgotton by those who Love You.

RIP Our Dearest Sweetest Angel Michael

Ziggy

I can't believe it has been 2 years! You can say what you like about him, but you can't deny he was one of the best entertainers we have ever seen.

To this day, I can remember sitting on the floor in front of the TV watching the Jackson 5. I will always remember the joy he brought to me as a child. I will never forget that.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments