Rod Blagojevich

GUILTY, GUILTY, GUILTY

6/27/2011 1:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rod Blagojevich's next job may be "Celebrity Apprentice, Prison Edition," because a jury just found him guilty of 17 felonies, including bribery and extortion.
0627_balgojevich_BN

The Blagojevich jury wasn't confused the second time around, clearly believing he tried to sell the Senate seat Barack Obama vacated when he was elected Prez.

The jury found the ex-Illinois Governor guilty on 17 out of 20 charges, including wire fraud, attempted extortion, bribery, and on and on.

The wiretap that may have done Blago in captures him saying, "I've got this thing and it's f**king golden, and, uh, uh, I'm just not giving it up for f**king nothing. I'm not gonna do it."

Blagojevich faces upwards of 20 years in prison.

kitnplayn

This guy is brain-dead. The biggest joke of all is that he continues to defiantly defend that he didn't do anything wrong. That is how sick the American culture is with stupidity and greed, that even the leaders are brazen enough to try and get away with it.

Michelle

Thank God, literally, this man needs to be in jail!!!

Ehécatl

It´s no beauty school, but the U.S. prison system will finally be able to do what no one else has been able to --- get rid of this unbelievably stupid hairdo. Once they throw him in that slammer, that hair will be shaved off and gone for ever.

diana

I live in Chicago and the man will serve his time. He is just another one of the crooks that got caught because he was too greedy. He will probably get anywhere from 5 - 11 yrs. In his case probably it will boil down to 5 yrs. It was said that his lawyer's will appeal it. Who knows.

StevenB

It is so funny that he originally campaigned for governor basically on the platform of "I'm not corrupt like my predecessor. Man what a crook!" And now he has been convicted of 8 more counts than his predecessor!

I will always give Blagojovich credit for one thing done right, though - he had the BEST radio campaign ad I have ever heard. Wherein a series of 'man on the street' interviewees all tried to say his name and each failed miserably and in a different and increasingly more hilarious way than all the rest. Followed by "However you say it, when I'm eleceted blah, blah, blah."

And then he turned out to be a crook.

Bean

Now maybe he will tell his little girls the truth. That he was caught being and crooked politition and is going to prison.

Sandra

Good!! Hope he serves a few years in jail!!

Rich

Its too bad he was convicted, with all the crooked politicans in Chicago and Illinois, he goes to prison. There are so many more that should go to trial yet they were never indicted by the DA. I wonder why? or the US Federal Government.

Just sayn

OMG no doubt it does not help he looks the part of a mobster...lol oops

RJ Hunt

LMAO...see ya Rod!!!!

maizieful

I agree. There are so many corrupt judges, officials and others in the legal system that should be dealt with but won't. I feel sorry for this man. He became a scapegoat.What about Obama's good friend and partner in crime.. The new mayor of chicago. Give me a break..He's rotton..

Ball`s has no Ball`s

Hahahahahahah now take Obama with you!

Shaun

Im with Paulie...is this really something you go to jail for? Mind you i dont get all the charges...but it does seem like a HUGE jail sentence...for what? Lying? or what did he do? Did people suffer? What the F did he do? sorry for not knowing much on him...

Doobie

Queue the Presidential Pardon....

VictoriaGirl

Im glad he didnt recieve celebrity "justice".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments