'Starship Troopers' Actor

I Don't Want to Die

6/29/2011 6:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

"Starship Troopers" actor Jake Busey has completed his stint in rehab -- telling TMZ he's motivated to stay sober because, "The doctors told me I would DIE if I drank again."

062911_gary_busey_v2_video

Jake -- Gary Busey's son -- was outside a Starbucks in Santa Monica, where he told us about the 21 "awesome" days he spent at a rehab facility ... and revealed that he's been sober for 42 days!

Busey said he used to throw down 12 beers a day -- but he's optimistic about his sober future because, "I figure if my dad could do it, if Charlie [Sheen] could do it ... I could do it. Hell yeah, it feels good!"

artie help

12 beers a day isn't really alot, for goodness sakes, joe biden has been doing it for years, he's fine.

Bert

12 Beers a Day?!? And American Beer... Outch, that is weak. It's like going to rehab because you smoke a joint 4 years ago!

Marty

Joe Biden has been brain dead for years. I like you sense of humor, Artie!

messenger69

Being Sober is for *******!!

James R. - Los Angeles

He'll relapse before September.

Bottoms up, Busey!

Crazy Head

In other news Charlie Sheen adds "Role model to the Busey family" in his resume.

K-LO

Good luck & remember it does not just go away the desire is always there. Be strong & fight it. Especially if alcohol is causing you health or other problems it's just not worth it. Some people are just better & brighter when sober. Being sober is harder than being drunk. It's easy for anyone to go get drunk.

Dennis

WOW.....Gary and Charlie...these are the people you are looking up to, time to change the 12 beers a day to something a whole lot stronger, you're going to need it.

AndUKnowThisMan

I hope he does well! But its a life long battle and I'm not sure if he's got enough battle scars yet!! BTW I'm pretty sure he will not not die if he driks again thats P.S If he believes that he is a idiot and should die!! lol

Rhoda Penmark

Yes, it sounds like he's in the same mental health success category as his dad and Charlie Sheen. Best of luck!

Craig

My first thought was that 12 watered-down crappy domestic beers is more likely to get you fat than drunk...anyway, good for him for getting back on the right track. Wish him the best.

Regulator

Let's see how remaining an unemployed 'actor' helps him stay sober. When the business is done with you, better not sit around having a pity-party for yourself.

Pick up some tools, some skills, and start rebuilding America, Jake.

jjmom22

12 beers a day is enough to cause damage to the liver and kidneys....alcoholic liver disease and cirrhosis and possible kidney failure...doesn't matter if it is 'watered down'...and alot of the 'weight gain' you see with heavy drinkers is fluid which is a result of poor liver function...

ralphus

what a lightwieght

Politico Pablo

They tell every alcoholic the same thing. You're gonna die if you take another drink. It's shock therapy.
Having abstained from alcohol for 30 days, he's lost his tolerance. One drink, and he'll back to his 20 beers a day diet.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments