Timberlake: Forget Facebook, I'm Backing MySpace!

6/29/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

At least one person still believes in MySpace -- because Justin Timberlake just purchased a considerable stake in the sinking ship.

0629_Justin_timberlake_getty_bn

Timberlake has not revealed how much he's invested in the company -- which News Corp. sold off today for somewhere between $30-40 million.

According to the official announcement, Justin -- who starred in "The Social Network" -- will "play a major role in developing the creative direction and strategy for [MySpace] moving forward."

JT released his own statement -- saying, "There’s a need for a place where fans can go to interact with their favorite entertainers, listen to music, watch videos, share and discover cool stuff and just connect ... MySpace has the potential to be that place."

Has ... had ... what's the difference?

Bryan

Who gives a flying F***?

growup

um, he does realize no one uses that anymore and no amount of renovation is gonna make it cooler? I mean, I never say never but I really can't see what could be changed to make the interface better than facebook.

Ghost Rider

Thats what I have been sayin. Wasnt it the original social network?

Jordan

who is advising this guy with his money! might as well burn it!

Truth

IT'S A TAX WRITE-OFF WRITTEN UNDER THE GUISE OF "CREATIVITY". WHAT A YAAAWWWNER, ZZZZZZ!! DOESNT THIS DOUCHE KNOW THERE ARE A 1000 DIFFERENT SOCIAL MEDIA SITES THAT DO THE SAME THING??? TRUTH...

Nostradamus

Would have been better off buying Netflix, heck even Google is less than 500/share.

Craig

Facebook sucks. I always liked myspace better for musicians but it needed soo much work. And since I'm in the minority for hating Facebook, I think jt is prob fighting a losing battle.

Sonja

MySpace has always sucked.. it's a pseudo personal web page, Facebook it more of a true social network, with real time conversations and interactions, sharing.. you don't need to go look up 'code' to post pictures. MySpace is sunk and Justin is an idiot.

Freeon

Yeah...Justin there is enough history about .com(s) for you to know better.

Jennyy

MySpace made some changes a few months back making the site difficult to navigate and restricting user controls. You wasted your money Justin, it's going down. I deleted my page and most of my friends did as well.

Facebook Sucks

People are getting bored with Facebook. Remember AOL? They were on top once too. Facebook is a fade that will be history in 10 years.

Selebraties Suck

A little full of yourself, Justin?

MJFan4Life

Funny, I just deleted my myspace account today. I never use it anymore. A lot of my friends have as well. Seems everyone is on Facebook these days. Hey JT, you're wastin' your money. If you wanna just throw it away, send some my way...

ghfghfg

lmao omg. my heart is breaking. who knows maybe it is poppin to another generation.

Allison

So.... He's bringing MySpace back....

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments