Timberlake: Forget Facebook, I'm Backing MySpace!

6/29/2011 3:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

At least one person still believes in MySpace -- because Justin Timberlake just purchased a considerable stake in the sinking ship.

0629_Justin_timberlake_getty_bn

Timberlake has not revealed how much he's invested in the company -- which News Corp. sold off today for somewhere between $30-40 million.

According to the official announcement, Justin -- who starred in "The Social Network" -- will "play a major role in developing the creative direction and strategy for [MySpace] moving forward."

JT released his own statement -- saying, "There’s a need for a place where fans can go to interact with their favorite entertainers, listen to music, watch videos, share and discover cool stuff and just connect ... MySpace has the potential to be that place."

Has ... had ... what's the difference?

UnboundZero

"role-model" i applaud you justin and i like the way you think bro!

clearly myspace is better.

sst0026@yahoo.com

JT! MySpace is dead! No one uses that network. They uses either FaceBook or Twitter. JT is just wasted his money.

lala

Thats great!!

NOW CAN YOU PUT IT BACK TO THE OLD LAYOUT???????!!!!

PLEASEEEEEE??????????????????????

(thats what killed it you know-the new #*"ing layout).

lala

PS. Facebook sucks.

amazon_woman

At least MySpace has a better chance than hi5 !

brown dynamite

He's bringin stupid back.
This muthaf***er don't know how to act...

brown dynamite

Even Tom's on Facebook.

Mayu

Everyone I know abandoned myspace ages ago.

It's become a LOT less user friendly. I had a blog for ages, it was a black background with white text. Out of nowhere myspace was updated, and turned my blog white, but kept the white text. I tried in vain for hours to change it back to no avail. So I tried to change the text to black lettering, to no avail. It was ridiculous.

This was a big complaint for a lot of people who dumped myspace for facebook, blogger and Livejournal.

brown dynamite

All jokes aside, a lot of money to be made if they can resurrect Myspace. Lots of potential, very band friendly, something Facebook will never be for artist.

birdman

Myspace is a laggy POS site. What a horrible laggy horrendous interface they killed it with.

David

For the life of me, I really do not know why this guy is famous.

MP

I agree with him. I don't use myspace or any other social media site, but I like going to myspace to hear artists' albums, usually artists who aren't well known or are just coming up. It's a great way to listen to someone's album in full before you decide if you want to purchase it.

tangofox

You never know... He is used to Has-Beens. If Cameron Diaz can get a script, I am sure myspace can make a return.

Throwback kid