Lindsay Lohan -- Free To Roam Today

6/29/2011 9:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's been thirty-five days since she began her grueling house arrest -- and now, Lindsay Lohan is moments away from sweet, sweet freedom.

0629-lilo_EXD_free

The tracking device placed on Lindsay's ankle will be removed -- probably this morning -- and she will be free to roam the streets of Venice -- and beyond -- as she pleases.

Lindsay will then sign a house arrest completion form, which will then be forwarded to the L.A. County Sheriff's Department.

But Lindsay is not out of the woods.  She's on probation for the jewelry heist and must complete her 480 hours of community service.  She must also enroll in a "shoplifters alternative class" -- yes, we love that too -- and undergo psychological counseling.

But Lindsay will no longer have to endure the calamari that just doesn't travel well.  She's free to eat at Gjelina again, where the calamari is always fresh and crisp.

Jay

shoplifters alternative class?????? What's the alterantive to shop lifting???? PAYING!!!!!!!!!

Rogue Warrior

Well, looks like the few of us with sense around her are Nicole, Red Cloud, Home Skillet, and myslef!!!

WHY did JS change his name???? His new one is g**!

some guy

@Home Skillet

All I can say is: I hope you're wrong.

Home Skillet

@Lou - yes, yes and yes. And, tagging onto your comment, if I'm Lindsay Lohan and I keep turning to alcohol and booze, and sabotaging my career in Hollywood, I'd really have to look deep inside of myself and ask, "Is this really the life that I want?" If she's derailing it as frequently as she continues to, I suspect that the answer is no. Nothing wrong with that - just go find something else that you like to do, Lindsay.

Jay

And then the people said:

Let her eat coke!

lou

Seal Team 6 -

But the other side of that coin is that Wynona's crime took place quite a few years ago, before misbehaving celebs were the norm. I don't honestly think that stealing today is looked down upon as badly as it was then, unfortunately. Wynona's act made her a pariah at the time, whereas today all celebs seem to do really gross or criminal things.

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

LETS ALL HOPE SHE ROAMS ONTO THE LA FREEWAY AND GET***** BY A MACK TRUCK! CANT STAND THIS SKANK!

Ghost Rider

Yeah people who go around proclaiming they can score dates with Lindsay, threaten pregnant women, make homophobic and racist slurs have a lot of sense.

some guy

I think Winona caught a bad break as well. If every girl I met went to prison for shoplifting, then there wouldn't be any girls going to jail.

lou

I'm really curious to know Nicole's take on it if Lindsay ever were to hurt someone from her driving while impaired. I may be mistaken but Nicole doesn't seem to mind Lindsay's past driving while impaired. Thankfully LL hasn't ever hurt anyone but it's taking a chance each time you do it. So is it okay to do it as long as you roll the dice and you win? I'm just curious.

jenn

shoplifters alternative class?? really :lol:

Ziggy

Free from what...a month long vacation? LoL

Rogue Warrior

Good thing for Linds, is that little misunderstandings like this are common place and quickly forgotten! Some people don't live life in their rear view mirrors!

some guy

@lou I have to confess. I have a DUI. I didn't kill anyone, but it's kind of a long story.

So that means we should never forgive someone for their past transgressions? Not very Christian of you.

lou

Home Skillet -

You've really hit the crux of the matter. Like you, I suspect that the answer is "no." And you're right, nothing whatever wrong with that answer. But she seems unwilling or unable to leave the scene. I personally think she'd be better off if she left Hollywood and tried her hand at something that made her happier. It's amazing how much more balanced your life becomes when you actually enjoy your work. For all we know, the only reason she's ever been in Hollywood is due to Dina pressure.