John Lennon LOVED Reagan ... Says Ex-Assistant

6/30/2011 9:35 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Left-wing anti-war icon John Lennon turned his back on the liberal agenda before he died ... this according to his former assistant who says the "Beatles" singer wanted to vote for Ronald Reagan.

0630_john_reagan_BN

John's ex-assistant Fred Seaman dropped the bombshell in a new documentary called "Beatles Stories" -- claiming, Lennon was "embarrassed" by his anti-war radicalism.

Seaman claims, "[Lennon] was a very different person back in 1979 and 80 than he'd been when he wrote 'Imagine.' By 1979 he, looked back on that guy and was embarrassed by that guy's naivete."

According to Seaman, "John, basically, made it very clear that if he were an American he would vote for Reagan because he was really sour on Jimmy Carter."

But Seaman's credibility isn't exactly untarnished -- back in 1983, the man pled guilty to stealing Lennon's photos and diaries ... and was sentenced to five years probation.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Jah36

Sounds like John wised up later in life. Reagan was great man and even better President!

Kiko

Imagine there's no political agenda associated with this "revelation".

It's easy if you try...

Delaware D

YOU LIE!!

Webbster

I call Bull****. That guy is a ****ester.

Abe

John Lennon was a genius. All geniuses are Republicans.

x

lander

My name is John, and I hate every single one of you. All of you are fat, retarded, no-lifes who spend every second of their day looking at stupid ass pictures. You are everything bad in the world. Honestly, have any of you ever gotten any *****? I mean, I guess it's fun making fun of people because of your own insecurities, but you all take to a whole new level. This is even worse than jerking off to pictures on facebook.

Don't be a stranger. Just hit me with your best shot. I'm pretty much perfect. I was captain of the football team, and starter on my basketball team. What sports do you play, other than "jack off to naked drawn japanese people"? I also get straight A's, and have a banging hot girlfriend (She just blew me; **** was SO cash). You are all ******* who should just kill yourselves. Thanks for listening.

anony

A LOT of Americans voted for Reagan because they were sour on Carter.
It was a vote AGAINST Carter, not FOR Reagan.
And then they regretted it forever.

Ehécatl

This sounds suspicious, given the source. I agree with Kiko that there could well be a political agenda associated with this "revelation".

But if it´s true, then John Lennon would just be another in a string of people who are corrupted by wealth, power, and fame into turning their backs on the poor and victims of history and joining the comfort of their oppressors.

some guy

Hmmm never read the book, but did Seaman interview anyone in the book, or is it all conjecture. Can anyone back his story up?

I really liked the Beatles. I doubt Lennon was kidding with his anti-war stuff.

Ann O'Nymous

Bull ****. Fred Seaman was sued by both Capitol Records and the Lennon estate and found guilty for stealing hundreds of John's photos and journals. He makes a living by popping up everyone in awhile to lend quotes to any Anti-Lennon biographer with deep enough pockets. He has an agenda. He is not a credible source. Do your research, Harvey.

BarrysConspiracyWorld

John wanted peace.

- yoko

mike christian

Utter BS. Seaman is working all of you ignorant tools.

Butternuts

How does that expression go? If you don't vote liberal when you're in your twenties, you don't have a heart. If you don't vote conservative by the time you're 40, you don't have a brain...

ominous_goo

this is the biggest load of **** I have EVER heard about John Lennon...he was anti-war and if he was alive now he would probably be a goodwill embasador for us all. It's so easy to say what a dead man might have wanted when he isn't around to speak for himself. any real Lennon fan know this is complete ****E!

pandora

And we care about this why?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments