Artie Lange:

I Would LOVE to Return to Howard Stern

7/7/2011 7:03 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Former "Howard Stern" radio star Artie Lange returned to the airwaves last night -- on a sports talk show -- telling fans that returning to his old job on Stern would be "the greatest thing ever."

0707_artie_lange_launch_Reg2

Lange disappeared from the Stern show in January 2010 ... after a private medical emergency.

But last night, Lange appeared on a Fox Sports Radio show hosted by his friend and fellow comic Nick DiPaolo and explained he had been spending time at a rehab facility in Florida to get himself sober.

A caller told Lange he couldn't wait for Lange to return to the Stern show ... and Artie replied, "That would be the greatest thing ever."

Lange continued, "Listen, I was on the greatest show of all time for about 9 years ... and I put them in a very awkward situation to say the least, so, what am i gonna do?

"But I love them all and they were great to me. I appreciate it."

Damon

I thought he committed suicide?!

Mel Zipskin

Best wishes dude! Stay well and finally-you seem to appreciate the awesome gig that you had!

Delaware D

yeah, I thought Artie was already dead! wow.

myliverhurts

Too fat to fish is an awesome read. Thanks Artie & stay well.

Max

So what did he do on Stern that put them in a tough situation? I knew what his usual routine was on there, just not what the tipping point was.

Wicked

I think Artie more than deserves a second chance to piss away a once in a lifetime opportunity.

JC30

I LOVE ARTIE! I hope he gets well and all of the help he needs. I miss him so much from the show. It would be awesome to have him back.

JC30

@myliverhurts, I laughed, I cried, "Too Fat To Fish" was great. Just the chapter "Mr. October" alone was amazing. <3

some guy

@Howard

Dangle some bottles of rum from the ceiling and see if Artie starts sweating.

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"

Puckett

Oh give me a freakin' break, how bad do you have to screw up to "put them in a very awkward situation to say the least". It's the fvcking Howard Stern show for Christs sake!

some guy

"COLD-BLOODED!"

Kiko

I hadn't even noticed that he was gone.

Dave

'Rehire Artie' does not appear in Howard's to-do app.

OooooNooo!

Artie needs to prove he can stay off the heroin and booze before he talks about coming back to the Stern Show. He should do a solid year on the road playing club dates to prove he has got his self-control back.

Horndog

Howard who? Wasn't he a shock shock the early 1980's who played wacky sound effects? Whatever happened to that guy?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments