Ford, who struggled with her own alcohol issues, founded the Betty Ford Center near Palm Springs in 1982, one of the premiere rehab facilities in the world.
Scores of celebrities have sought treatment at the facility -- including Lindsay Lohan, Chevy Chase, Kelsey Grammer, Elizabeth Taylor, Anna Nicole Smith, Ozzy Osbourne, Drew Barrymore, Johnny Cash, Liza Minnelli, Billy Joel, and David Hasselhoff.
Betty was 93.
Story developing ...
Rehabbin' at Betty Ford
- Lindsay Betty Ford Clash -- Violent 911 Confrontation
- Dawn Holland -- Betty Ford Cut Me Off!
- Betty Ford Sends Michael Lohan Packin'
More Today in TMZ History
- The Situation Sued fo $1 Mil After 86ing Manager
- A-Rod's Wife Files Big D
- Paris Gives Lindsay 'Second Chance'