Rapper Xzibit: 'Planking' Is RACIST!!!

7/8/2011 9:22 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's the latest craze taking over the Internet -- lying face down in bizarre places, stiff as wood -- but rapper Xzibit is leading a new charge AGAINST "planking" ... claiming the practice has RACIST roots.

Planking Photos

Xzibit took to his Twitter recently, claiming, "Planking is THE dumbest sh*t ever. Planking was a way to transport slaves on ships during the slave trade, its not funny. Educate yourselves."

The rapper adds, "Dont get it twisted. I care less where your dumb asses lay face down and take pictures of the sh*t, I'm just telling you where it came from."

It's all probably news to Katy Perry, Demi Moore, Rosario Dawson (above), Chris Brown, and Justin Bieber -- who have ALL posted pics of themselves online ... looking board.

So we gotta ask ...

UPDATE:  Xzibit just tweeted re: TMZ:  "Wow.  They are trying to make me the Al Sharpton of planking.  #news?"

UPDATE:  From TMZ:  Yes, Al, news.

0708_planking_footer

tmz-top-comments-banner
TMZfan10000 TMZfan10000

Hitler scratched his ass Stalin scratched his ass Mao scratched his ass Scratching your ass means that you are a murderous dictator.

Julai Julai

He is correct that they used this positioning during slave transport but it included the wrists being shackled to the waist and usually multiple layers. I've seen Wil E. Coyote and Tom from Tom and Jerry use this gag positioning in cartoons but I never heard anyone cry "RACISM" for those planksters. Just stop crippling yourself with these victimizations and get on with your lives people.

Anon Anon

Who cares if it's racist! People should care more about the fact that this is the dumbest thing in the recorded history of man!

tmz-top-comments-banner
TMZfan10000 TMZfan10000

Julai Julai

Anon Anon

Kathy Kathy

I am sure everything is offensive if we really research it. LIGHTEN UP!!!!

Bradd01 Bradd01

I guess sleeping on your stomach is racist too...

Jennyy Jennyy

Xzibit may be right about where the term came from so many years ago however, there are no racial motives for the people now doing it all over the world. The goofy activity called "planking" started in Europe. The impression I get is that the idea is to be able to do it it really unusual places.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Rotten Puppets

Racist or not, planking is absolutely retarded.

Christy

Who is Xzibit anyway?

Kathy

I am sure everything is offensive if we really research it. LIGHTEN UP!!!!

atlantapug

What a dipshizz. Now lying flat is racist?? Planking is sooooo 3 months ago so who even cares?

TheHOLETruth

He might want to also do his homework on the "nI**GER, and it's racist roots and significance in demeaning Blacks the next time he uses it.

Just say'n

Bradd01

I guess sleeping on your stomach is racist too...

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

"Planking is THE dumbest sh*t ever" He's right about that and frankly right about his second point as well. And believe me, there's nothing I hate more than a right rapper but I'll give him his props for being accurate.

Bubbles The Chimp

Xzibit must be on the downlow. Look ate the way he holds his mic to his mouth.... Tell me he hasn't sucked one before.

jeff

Shut up dummy.....quit living in the past and let go man, let it go

Bradd01

I guess sleeping on your stomach is racist too...

Kari

I've never heard of this guy. But anything could be viewed as racist if you wanted it to--he needs to just move on. Nobody is interested in his views on planking.

Kaveman

Oh Great, another MORON with a microphone

croc

yeh, well, my people had a hard time coming off
the boat too..black people had it rough, more than rough.
that was then, this is now..sorry bud.
black people are angry over this..
but 90% of people that owned slaves were
already here..my people werent here.
slave owners were english . right?

HangoverPictures.com

Sounds like some "has-been" needs attention. Do a sextape like the rest of the B-listers if you need some TMZ coverage. We got a black President now, game over for playing the race card.

IN MY OPINION

What ever happened to doing ... for fun? I can fill in the blank with so many option, but PLANKING IS NOT ONE ONE THEM.

Planking is THE dumbest sh*t ever.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments